New member from South Carolina

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by walnut777, Jun 2, 2017.

1. walnut777

walnut777 New Member

New to the forum. Not to Ruger's though. Ive been a long time fan of Ruger and have consistently used Ruger as my carry weapon.

I currently own a Ruger p89dc that I have owned for over a decade.
    A ruger sr9 as my conceal carry weapon
    just purchased a ruger american 9mm. I havent got to fire it off yet. I am hoping it will be my new carry weapon.

Other rugers i own are ruger american 22lr and ruger american 30.06

im looking to purchase a ruger 1911 one day and a ruger ar15. i currently have a smith and wesson m&p15 sport. i only purchased it because all the local shops had a 7 month wait for the ruger ar back when i bought it and i had an itch for an ar at the time.

2. DoubleR

DoubleR Active Member

Welcome to the family! We're happy you've joined us!
    Thanks for the introduction.
    We like range reports. Hope you share when you finally get to shoot your new carry pistol.
    We also like pictures. :)
    I have an M&P AR as well. Been very consistent and a surprisingly good shooter.

3. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Welcome to RT. Very few (maybe none) of us own just Rugers. You can buy a Hi-Point carbine and then enthuse about it here - without being blackballed. Maybe even a Hi-Point handgun, though I'm not sure about that; they are some ugly. ;)

4. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to the forum,

Thanks for joining.

Hope you get that 1911 sooner than later.;):)

Jim

5. Uncle_Louie

Uncle_Louie 1968 Ford Galaxie 500 XL

Welcome to the forum

Attached Files:

6. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Welcome to RT forum. Take your shoes off and at least dip your feet into the forum pond.

7. paulruger

paulruger Active Member

Welcome from Texas!

8. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

Welcome from the South East Texas Gulf Coast.

Just last week the wife and I met a nice old couple that told us they were from South Kalina.
    I understood that he had just told us they were from South Carolina but my wife was confused.
    We all got a good laugh while telling my wife what state South Kalina is. :D

Anyway,
    :welcome: Glad to have you :tiphat:

9. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Welcome to the forum. You will enjoy your 1911 when you get it. Which model are you interested in?

Tommy from Az

10. walnut777

walnut777 New Member

thanks for the welcome!

11. walnut777

walnut777 New Member

At the moment im looking at the Model: 6722 9mm lightweight commander style. I was really hoping they would come out with a 5 inch barrel 9mm by the time i get one.
    Ive been shooting since i was 16. I have always been back and forth on calibers. In semi auto its been the great debate of 9mm 40 cal and 45.

I seem to have always went back to 9mm. i believe its because im an overthinker. i like to have more ammo than less. i usually carry a spare magazine also.

12. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

I had pretty much given up on the 40, until Buster praised the SR40c. I bought one, and it's a sweetheart. Put a Talon 'grip enhancer' kit on it, that's all it needed.

13. gumpy

gumpy New Member

A friend of mine has a SR40c and it's a very good gun. I enjoyed shooting it. I let him shoot my SR45 and the next day he went out and bought him one. I want to try the American series next.

BTW Welcome to the forum from Hollywood Alabama! We just be gun nuts here!

14. Oldhand

Oldhand AKA Rawhidekid! Lifetime Supporter

Welcome from Tucson, AZ. You can't go wrong with a Ruger.;)

15. walnut777

walnut777 New Member

I had the Ruger SR40c. I carried it for a few years. I sold it to my brother who also carries a ruger sr40c. I assume he's gonna carry two of them? Lol I dunno.
    My only issue with the sr40c was when I first bought it. The trigger would not fully reset every other shot or so
    only with the larger magazine. Ruger sent me a new mag and it fixed it.

I told my brother about it since he bought his the same time as me. I figured he got a new mag.

The other day we were recovering one of his work trucks that had been stolen. He was behind the guy following him. He said everytime he tried to rack one in the chamber it would jam.

Bought him a new mag at the local store and problem solved.

These sr40c's were bought back in 2012 or 2013 somewhere in that time frame.

Other than having issues with the larger magazine on earlier models. the sr40c has been a wonderful gun.

16. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

I have one of the 15 round mags for the range; no problems with it. Nice to know that some things do get better.

17. SFC

SFC New Member

Welcome From Arizona

18. EasyCZ

EasyCZ Member

Welcome to the forum!

19. ifithitu

ifithitu Well-Known Member