Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Found three Ruger sites and this one looked the best. Been prowling and decided to join. Currently have an EDC (when I can) of a S&W 9mm Shield. Want something better and am looking strongly at the Ruger American in 9mm.

Currently own (inherited)
1. My step-father's 1927 S&W 44 Special revolver. Great for defending the next two houses over.
2. My step-father's Winchester Model 12 pump 12 ga shotgun. Again from somewhere near mid to late 20s.
3. Father's Browning Light 12 12 ga shotgun. Never fired it.
4. Grandfather's 16 ga shotgun.
5. My Great-Great-Grandfather's Civil War shotgun? Will post pictures later. Story is my GGGF was passing through the mountains of North Georgia and the ladies were bringing out food for the soldiers. As my aunt tells the story, he was "smitten" with her and he told her if she would wait for him and he made it back, he would marry her. He made it back, they got married and here I am.

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Welcome to Rugertalk,

Thanks for picking us,

Tons of Ruger info here, Great bunch of guys and Gal .

Jim

·
AKA Rawhidekid!
1,868 Posts
Welcome from Tucson, Az. We like pictures here, for some it is easier than reading.:D

·
Registered
992 Posts
Welcome to RT. Whatever questions you want to ask, fire away! We will have answers! (I won't promise that they will be good answers...;))

·
AKA Rawhidekid!
1,868 Posts
Like your Grandfather I also use a 16 ga shotgun mine is a Ithica Model 37.:D

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Welcome to RugerTalk!

:welcome:

Nice intro!

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
Welcome. Can't wait to see photos of that Civil War shotgun.

·
Premium Member
1,482 Posts
Welcome.......

1 - 13 of 13 Posts