New Mark IV?

Discussion in 'Ruger Rimfire Forums' started by jmohme, Sep 22, 2016.

1. jmohme

jmohme Well-Known Member

2. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Sure sounds great.

I hope its for real.

Got find out when and where they are available.

Jim

3. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

I am guessing Ruger had to come up with something to compete with the S&W 22lr Victory ease of strip cleaning. I like it and will be watching what the reviews are on it.
    I checked on gun watcher and none are showing up.

4. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

I think that it's legitimate. I got an email from ruger saying that they were going to release a new gun in a week. I wonder if this is it?

5. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

It is for real.
    It's already on Ruger's web site along with a video showing take-down.

6. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Aha! That must be the gun I was going to have to pose with if I won the drawing.

7. buster40c

I would tend to believe Gunblast shooting the gun it sure is real. I like gunblast because he does some good reviews of all kinds of new guns.

8. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

Yep, I got a confirmation email from Ruger today. The new mark iv is here!

9. Blkhawk73

Blkhawk73 Member

Been a given for a while. The patents went in quite some time ago (those pics depicted a 22/45 lower btw) Saw pics this past Monday or Tuesday. Only a few models available initially but more to follow. Notice the "WBR" serial numbers on a couple of the models shown. ;)

10. MemphisJim1

MemphisJim1 New Member

With all the hoopla focusing on redesign for ease of assembly/disassembly, I have seen absolutely nothing on magazines for the Mark IV. Two years ago I bought a MkIII Hunter to use in Steel Challenge matches. I bought the Hunter because I liked its fluted barrel better that the Target's slabsided one. Seems I saw the new MkIV comes with two mags. Are they the same mags the MkIII uses? If not, I just may have to take a closer look at the S&W Victory.

11. buster40c

I have the S&W Victory and I also have an MKII. I am probably going to put the S&W on consignment at my LGS if I will not lose to much. Depending on reviews on the MK IV after it has been out six months I might buy one.
    If I remember right the MKIV will use the same mags as the MKIII.

12. MemphisJim1

MemphisJim1 New Member

Just learned that Mk IVs will use the Mk III magazines, but thanks for the info, buster 40c.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2016