Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone.

I am here from southern Maine, I have owned Rugers since 1972. I have many 10-22s, Marks, a couple SR22s and a couple of nines. A CZ75BD, Beretta 92FS too. And a couple three revolvers for good measure.

Retired LEO in 1992.

Retired completely now.

I shoot once a week, if I can make it.

Widowed in 2015.

That's it.

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
Welcome to our forum Valvestem. Lotsa great people on here and more than glad to share information and any stories you might be able to share. Glad you joined us!!!

Tommy from the land of eternal summers.............Az

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
:welcome:

Welcome to RugerTalk!

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Welcome to RT and look forward to your input.

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Hi Valvestem (I like that monicker). RT is full of good folks, (even Havasu is OK, for an ex-cop). Just step careful around Tommy (he's mean).

I own a CZ75 clone by Tanfoglio, in 45 auto, like it a lot. What does the BD signify?

·
AKA Rawhidekid!
1,868 Posts
Welcome from Tucson, Az. Retired and also try and shoot at least once a week.:D

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Welcome to Rugertalk,

Thank you for your LEO service and thanks for joining us here.

Pull up a seat and join in .

Jim

·
RETIRED MODERATOR
7,454 Posts
Welcome to the R/T...!!

Enjoy our community...and retirement !!

{ I retired at 53... 9 years in now...lovin' every second of it too !! } :metal2:

·
Premium Member
1,482 Posts
Welcome......

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
Don't believe a word VT (Bob) says. He is known as what we call a "leg puller"!!! He will jerk your leg with his antics so bad that I have to go to a chiropractor on a monthly basis. One time he pulled my leg so hard that I had to use crutches for a month.
One thing though, it's all in fun and you just have to wait for the right time to get him back.

Ok for you VT..........Just OK for you!!!!!!!

Tommy

·
Registered
992 Posts
^^^ Yeah, you gotta keep your head on a swivel around a few of these guys. By virtue of my well heeled and high toned upbringing, I keep myself above the level of the shenanigans that these ruffians perpetrate upon the community here. You may find, however, that the phrase " do unto others before they do unto you" is a helpful way of thinking here...:rolleyes:

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
OH MY GOD!!! My eyes just got real tired after reading what the above just said. He is also one of those that when he says something.....be an owl. Look all ways and then duck!!! He is highfalutin and a known for his leg pulling also. He and the outlaw VT run in the same pack and they are like the James gang!!! If one don't get you then the other is lurking in the bushes waiting to pounce on some little (and I mean little) mistake you might have made. If you made a mistake back in 1967 they will remember and bring it up again. They have memories that are like a mean wife..........they never forget. They are so notorious that their pictures hang in post offices. Glad I am one of the genteel people here!!!! Pure of thought and mind.

Yank...........................Yank...................and another Yank!!!

Tommy from the land of eternal desert

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Well Valve, sorry you had to sit there and read that stuff from Tommy. Like I told you, he's mean. Spike is certainly 'well heeled', when he takes off those barn boots he's 3 inches shorter. You'll be OK though. Just keep your eyes peeled and your head down.

·
Registered
992 Posts
OH MY GOD!!! My eyes just got real tired after reading what the above just said. He is also one of those that when he says something.....be an owl. Look all ways and then duck!!! He is highfalutin and a known for his leg pulling also. He and the outlaw VT run in the same pack and they are like the James gang!!! If one don't get you then the other is lurking in the bushes waiting to pounce on some little (and I mean little) mistake you might have made. If you made a mistake back in 1967 they will remember and bring it up again. They have memories that are like a mean wife..........they never forget. They are so notorious that their pictures hang in post offices. Glad I am one of the genteel people here!!!! Pure of thought and mind.

Yank...........................Yank...................and another Yank!!!

Tommy from the land of eternal desert
Tommy, I wasn't born yet in 1967...so I wouldn't know about the many mistakes you old farts made back then...:teehee:

·
Patriot
2,160 Posts
Welcome from Texas.

Wouldn't want you to get the wrong idea... these guys are not usually so .. um, ah, well.... :nuts:
:cheesy:
Anyway, glad to have you here on the forum with us.

:tiphat:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts