New LCR Owner from Michigan

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by accutron, Aug 15, 2016.

1. accutron

accutron New Member

Picked up a 38 spl and added Crimson Trace grips. Can't wait to hit the range. First revolver (I don't count the Hi-Standard 22 I bought back in the 60's). Did research and this one seemed like a great little carry gun.

2. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Welcome to the RT forum. The 38 LCR is about feather light for sure and a good CC gun. I have the 357 LCR and it has been my daily carry ever since I got it. I just ordered a new front sight for mine. The trigger on the LCR is the best of any revolver I have ever experienced.
    Looking forward to your range review of your LCR.

3. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to Rugertalk,

I also have a LCR 38, and it is the best DA trigger on any revolver.

Jim

4. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

Welcome to Ruger Talk! Enjoy the forum.

5. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Welcome accutron! I have read a lot about the LCR here. I may have to get one - probably a .357 to shoot .38 in - just to find out if I can hit the barn from inside it.

Member raven's point-out of the close range 'mutual destruction' doctrine has persuaded me that I need to be able to hit the barn from at least 30 feet. I can do that with my Blackhawk, but it doesn't conceal well without the slicker.

RT is an entertaining and informative board; You're going to enjoy it.

6. accutron

accutron New Member

thanks for the "welcomes". I picked up some ammo today and was going to the range Friday but wife says we have "plans". happy wife, happy life!!! Maybe next week. I go to the local DNR site and it is usually not too busy during the week. $4 for all day!!

7. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to the R/T !!

8. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

9. accutron

accutron New Member

Got to the range this morning to fire the LCR. Wow that puppy sure has a kick!!! Only had time for about 50 rounds. I need to get more time with the gun before I put in the rotation.

10. buster40c

What ammo were you shooting? 38 spl or +P? The kick must not have been to bad if you shot 50 rounds. The LCR +P model is feather light so it doesn't have much weight to absorb the recoil, especially shooting the +P rounds.
    Were you able to be accurate with it and at what distance were you shooting from?

Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
  11. accutron

accutron New Member

Using 158 gr 38 spl RN from about 30'. I was shooting to the left and a little low. Shot my Beretta 92 FS Brigadier 9mm next and it was like night & day as far as kick.

12. buster40c

I bet the kick was a huge difference since the 92fs is probably around 3 lbs. when loaded which is 3 times heavier than the LCR when it is loaded. There is the reason for the LCR kick night and day difference. The FS recoil is minimal that's for sure. The feather light LCR is like most feather light handguns in that they have no weight to speak of to counter the recoil.
    Then again the LCR unlike the 92fs was made for CC so it has to be small and light. That's the jist of the CC game. Try sticking an 92fs in your front pocket so it is concealed, not going to happen.
    Appreciate hearing your range results. Practice and more practice. LOL I still shoot mine left and low after shooting it a bunch. It's not the gun........it's me.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
  13. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

It's me too.

14. bob9E

bob9E New Member

Low, left suits me just fine--must be in the air or age.