New LCR - .327 Fed Mag!

Discussion in 'Ruger Revolver Forums' started by EasyCZ, Oct 7, 2015.

1. EasyCZ

EasyCZ Member

Sweet! I heard on GunTalk that Ruger just released the newest version of the LCR snub in .327 Federal! Six shots!

I'm all over this one. Can't wait to see the 3-inch version.

What say you?

ImageUploadedByRuger Forum1444248607.107710.jpg
    ImageUploadedByRuger Forum1444249193.028285.jpg

Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
  2. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Something about trading in the LC9 for these new LCR 327. The 327 in the LCR will be one heck of a hand punisher like the 357 model.

3. berettabone

berettabone In the army now..

What ever trips your trigger in the gun world......................I still prefer an SP101.

4. pokerace

pokerace New Member

I just brought one, should be able to pick it up today. Brought some ammo on line that stuff is spendy. Will try to find some dies so I can reload.

Have a holster on order, think I'll get a CT Laser for it, maybe in green. Funny how much a new gun ends up costing. After all the other stuff I buy I'll Have $800 in to it.

5. buster40c

There was two reasons I sold my SP101. One the .327 mags with original plastic grips rattled the bones in my fingers. 2nd the ammo is very expensive. I lucked out when I bought the gun I found Cabellas had the ammo on sale for $19 per box of fifty. I see prices are mostly way higher than that to over $28 per box of fifty. Current ammo seek dot com shows least expensive .327 mag is almost .46 per round. Even a box of .32 S&W cost is around $20 per box of fifty. Shooting the .32 in the gun is a joy to shoot even though it still is costly. I imagine a person could reload .32 fairly cheap.
    If I had bought my SP101 in .357 I probably would still have it. I can buy .38 or .358 ammo for quite a bit less cost.
    For the same reasons I would not consider buying an LCR .327. I am willing to bet the LCR even way lighter than the SP101 will have even more of a mule kick to it. Personally I like shooting my guns for pleasure not as a pain tolerance test or emptying my wallet. I will stick with my LCR 357. But to each his own likes or dislikes.

6. Ernesto

Ernesto In the army now..

As granma used to say; What ever turns your crank. The 357 is costly enough.

7. berettabone

berettabone In the army now..

Hey E.....................how bout them Packers..................they got a bit lucky this past weekend, they've got to make sure Rodger's stays healthy..................................personally, and I know it's what makes the world go round, I cannot see how anyone would prefer an LC model over an SP101..............you can make the SP perform so much better. Yeah, 38 and .357 ammo is costly, but I have yet to hear anyone say that shooting was a cheap pastime/hobby. You can conceal the SP as easily as an LC, and have a better grip=better control.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
  8. buster40c

An SP will not fit into my front jeans pocket like an LCR will. I can hit a 4" block of wood from 0ver 30' with my LCR so again the LCR is IMO a good CC gun. Nothing against an SP but it isn't the CC gun that an LCR is IMO. Always to each his own preference. Both guns are excellent quality Rugers.

9. EasyCZ

EasyCZ Member

When it comes to firearms, I'm pro-choice. It's all about diversity, boys and girls.

Can't wait to see the LCR 327 in an X version and 3-inch. That'll be sweet!

10. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

I'm told the .327 kicks less than the .357 and has almost as much power.
    If the .327 ever becomes mainstream popular, it should be a real contender in the revolver class.
    Time will tell.

11. pokerace

pokerace New Member

Got to the range with my new SCR 327. Fun time! started with some 32 H&R mag. Those were accurate. Hit the bull every time with that cyl. load.
    (21 feet) I was getting a trigger slap with every shot, have to learn to get my finger out of the way of the trigger reset. Then I tried the S&W 32 long Still hitting where I wanted to, then I loaded the 327 Mats. WOW you know you're shooting a magnum, was able was able to keep the shots on the paper Not where I wanted to. Got to work on that finger movement. All in all a very fun day.

12. EasyCZ

EasyCZ Member

Awesome. Thanks for the range report. Would love to see some pics.

13. buster40c

I have shot .327 mags and .357 mags and IMO they both are very close to rattle your hand recoil. Probably because the .327 guns are often much lighter than the .357 guns.
    Yep shooting .32 is a sweet dream shooting and then you shoot the .327 and think "Holy Mackerel Andy" how did this turn into a hand cannon. Huge difference!
    My .327 was an SP101 which is quite a bit heavier than an LCR. I bet shooting .327 in an LCR would make me want to wear a glove.
    Sounds like you had really good shooting with your LCR. It took me a while because I kept shooting low. I have to come up with my front sight.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2015
  14. Ernesto

But do we really need another caliber? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.327_Federal_Magnum

15. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

Of course we don't need another caliber, we just want another one. LOL

I remember when the .40 came out, the same question was asked. We had the .45 Auto and the 9mm, why do we need an in between caliber?
    Turns out being shorter than the .45 and more powerful than the nine made for a success.
    If enough people want the .327 and if enough gun makers chamber it,........... It could turn out to be a success like the .40 was.

I'm sticking with my .357 Magnum. :D I don't need another caliber to keep up with.

16. Ernesto

I guess, I don't have an issue with the recoil of my .357. Seems like the 32 HR was a failure of sorts and now they tweaked it a bit . who hoo

17. buster40c

Ernesto believe me when I say they more than tweaked the 32 because the 327 is like a whole another animal so to speak. When I first shot 327 out of my SP101 I only shot 3 rounds before putting it back in its box. I mean to tell you it hurt rattling my finger bones. If that is a tweak then I would hate to see a fine tuning.
    I don't see the 327 doing much again this go around either for all the same reasons it flopped last time. I don't see any 357 owners selling them to get a 327.

18. EasyCZ

EasyCZ Member

Haters gonna hate.