Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just rec'd from Ruger, the new Threaded barrel set up for the LCPII, .22lr. I immediately put it on my LCPII and test fired with a Gemtech Outback II, with Monocore update by Gemtech. It works! I used CCI Silent at 720 fps, which would not cycle the action for obvious reasons. I also used the Std at 1070 fps which worked fine! The Barrel comes with an adapter for the threads and suppressor, and a std. thread protector for the barrel itself, not for the adapter. You can run the barrel with the std thread protector and it is like the std barrel, meaning you can field strip the firerarm etc, remove barrel and recoil spring etc. When you remove the thread protector and put on the 1/2 x28 adaptor, you can no longer field strip the piece, because the adaptor has a "shoulder" on it for the can to mount against and will not fit through the slide. So, you must remove it when you want to field strip the firearm. Ruger includes a small wrench to help with removal. There is also an extra spring which is longer than stock and therefore provides a bit heavier force to handle the extra weight of the adaptor and can. However, be sure to read the instructions! You do not need to use this spring if your can is under 3.5oz. total weight. I have several cans for the .22l/.22WMR and the Gemtech is light only 2.8oz, and worked perfectly with the stock spring. So far so good, will update in the future if any issue arise.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Thanks for posting.

I only recently came upon a new Ruger LCP II .22 locally, which I purchased as a pocket pistol and suppressor host. I immediately looked into barrel threading options but realized that Ruger was offering threaded barrel kits for $149.95 (currently out of stock), but numerous vendors were offering the kit for around $100 - though they too are currently out of stock. So I'm on numerous email lists, and I have patience :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts