New LCP, I LIKE IT !

Discussion in 'Ruger Center Fire Pistols' started by wham, Apr 26, 2013.

1. wham

wham New Member

Got my new LCP about 2 weeks ago. Liked it from the very first shot. Now I've added a Laser Lyte laser to it and picked up a few more accessories for it and I got to say it's a great little gun for CCW. I know a lot of folks knock on the 380 for CCW but I can slip it in my pocket holster and drop it in my pants pocket and take it anywhere I go. And the accuracy is great on it also and it eats any kind of ammo I have fed it so far. I've got all kinds of Rugers from 22 up to 44mag and a few other brands but this one is fast becoming a favorite just wish the ammo would at least get back below $18.00 bucks a box like it was around here last year. (may be asking for too much)

Tim H.

2. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Congrats on the new LCP.
    Enjoy it ,
    Maybe ammo will settle back,and you can shoot it all you want.

Nice grab there.

Jim

3. bikeride4fun

bikeride4fun NRA Benefactor Member

Congrats on the LCP.....awesome gun...love mine.....:)

4. LT2108

LT2108 Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Congrats on the LCP !!

5. FrogSwatter

FrogSwatter New Member

I sure hope the ammo prices calm down! Congrats on the new pistol!!!

6. bikeride4fun

bikeride4fun NRA Benefactor Member

I believe ammo prices are going to be like gas.....once they go up they never go back down.....:(

7. wham

wham New Member

Ammo prices

Afraid you are right Biker. We may be stuck with this. Just came in from firing a few rounds from the LC9, LCP and even a few from the Smith and Wesson SD9 and while it was fun it was like a cash register running in the back of my mind the whole time, well there went $20.00 ............ $25 ............ $30............ . What was really sickening was to look down at a box of FMJ 9mm I bought back in the summer that I was using for target and see the price tag on those, $8.99 for a box of 50.

Tim H.

8. DonnieD

DonnieD New Member

Just got a bug, bid on an LCP on gunbroker, went more than I wanted. Tried again and got a new one for $285 but shipping and FFL fees up the price a bit. No LCPs locally. This one is a 2013 model and supposedly has an improved trigger but I'm not certain about that.

Looked at some on line reviews and didn't see anything but positives on it. Will probably result in me carrying more often as it's often a pain to rig up.

Yeah, when supplies catch up prices will fall because people simply won't pay the scalping prices, old law of supply and demand. Won't bet on that happening before New Years at the earliest. Don

9. wham

wham New Member

We have a LGS that has been running them (LCP's) for $288+tax but that ends today I think. They have kept their prices pretty reasonable throughout all this Liberal Media inspired crap but even they have limited the sales to one box per caliber per customer a day on 380, 9mm and a few other popular calibers. You can still buy 7.62 x 39 by the boatload though and they haven't gone up too much either. Although I don't foresee any sales on the 7.62's for 4.99 or 5.99 for a box of 20 like they had last summer either.

Tim H.

10. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

11. jbardellini

jbardellini Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Supporter

Congrats on the new LCP.