Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first box of ammo through my new gun and 6 failures to eject! When I manually closed and racked the slide it did extract the empty case on the first attempt. Shooting PMC 90 grain hard ball ammo. Same failure to eject issue when I tried a magazine of Hornady Critical Defense 90 grain FTX ammo. Suggestions….or return the gun to Ruger or ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
first box of ammo through my new gun and 6 failures to eject! When I manually closed and racked the slide it did extract the empty case on the first attempt. Shooting PMC 90 grain hard ball ammo. Same failure to eject issue when I tried a magazine of Hornady Critical Defense 90 grain FTX ammo. Suggestions….or return the gun to Ruger or ?
My LCP 22LR acted the same when I got it, FTE, FTF, and locked open slides, all at different times. Once I hit 500 rounds they all went away, only frequirement was that I had to use hotter rounds, ie Fed Punch, CCI Stingers, CCI Velocitors, all had to exceed 1250 fps, anything under that. and everything came back.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Suggestions….or return the gun to Ruger or ?
I never had a failure of any kind with my LCP 2. I load it with Underwood extreme defense ammo, which is a hotter standard pressure round than most 380. I think you should try a hotter round. If that fails then a trip for the gun to Ruger would seem in order.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My LCP 22LR acted the same when I got it, FTE, FTF, and locked open slides, all at different times. Once I hit 500 rounds they all went away, only frequirement was that I had to use hotter rounds, ie Fed Punch, CCI Stingers, CCI Velocitors, all had to exceed 1250 fps, anything under that. and everything came back.
Bigborgel, thanks for your response. But I hope it won’t take 500 rounds. That would be an expense to break it in than is more than the gun cost!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I never had a failure of any kind with my LCP 2. I load it with Underwood extreme defense ammo, which is a hotter standard pressure round than most 380. I think you should try a hotter round. If that fails then a trip for the gun to Ruger would seem in order.
Dweis, interesting… the instructions that came with the gun say do not shoot loads with greater than standard pressure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts