new LC9s

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by gregdd, Dec 24, 2016.

1. gregdd

gregdd New Member

Just joined and want to say greetings and merry Christmas. Wife got me a LC9s for x-mas. This is gonna be fun:D

Greg

2. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

Welcome to RugerTalk!
    I just got an lc9s myself. I'm liking it since far, been carrying it quite a bit.
    Enjoy the forum!

3. allenr

allenr Member

Welcome. Great Holiday. Great gun. I cc one every day.

4. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum and I also just bought an LC9s. Take some pics of your target shooting and post them here in the range thread.

5. gumpy

gumpy New Member

Me too! Me too! But my wife took mine so I still cc my sr45. It look's like the lc9s would be pretty easy to cc.
    Oh, by the way, welcome to the forum! We like pictures too.

6. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to Rugertalk,

Thanks for joining us.

I don't own the LC9s ...yet... but everybody loves it.

Pics please..:)

Jim

7. Oldhand

Oldhand AKA Rawhidekid! Lifetime Supporter

Welcome aboard, I'm one of the members with the LC9. Love it also.;)

8. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Welcome to the forum from sunny Az. I don't have an LC9, I am a .45 cal myself but regardless jump in the forum and enjoy.
    I am like Gumpy, old but we keep on going carrying our cannons.

Tommy

9. nickndfl

nickndfl Active Member

You will be amazed at how thin is the pistol.

10. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

Welcome from Texas. :tiphat:

:GadsdenFlag:

11. allenr

allenr Member

Greggdd,

If you are looking for a holster for your LC9s take a look at the thread I started a short while back.

The URL of the thread is

https://www.rugertalk.com/forum/f22/new-lc9-holster-mag-holder-5863/

After trying many holsters of kydex,synthetic cloth, and leather I stumbled across a holster on eBay that was a fitted leather IWB holster. I bought it and I love it.

I do carry OWB at times so I bought the same holster as a left side IWB which when used on the right side services well as an OWB holster.

So I got two holsters to meet all needs for less than $60. The holsters are formed to fit the Lc9 series.

12. spikedriver

spikedriver Active Member

Welcome to RT. Sounds like your wife is a keeper! I carry a 9s also. It's one of the very best!

13. gregdd

gregdd New Member

gun6.jpg

Here's a pic showing the ruger LC9s. Compared to Taurus model 85.
    It will give you a size comparison.

I will try and get some pics next week of range performance for both guns.

Either gun I believe would be a good choice for concealed carry.
    I chose to get the LC9s because I prefer the safety on the gun and the safety on the magazine eject. It haunts me that I could be shot if the gun was taken from me should an incident occur. Also, an easy to use or not use safety on the gun doesn't hurt anything.

Thanks, Greg

Last edited: Dec 25, 2016
  14. allenr

allenr Member

Amen! I am in total agreement. Safety is paramount. I read a sad news story today about a toddler who shot himself with his police officer father's gun. If that gun had a magazine safety and the mag had been removed the toddler would be alive

To those who subscribe to the cliche that the only safety needed is the one between your ears all I can say it that no matter how alert you are the fact is that accidents happen because that safety between the ears has a lapse.

15. greg_r

greg_r Well-Known Member

Been trying to decide if I like the new subdued finish on the Taurus. I believe I do.

I am a firm believer that if your choice of firearm has a safety, you should train with it. I was one that believed if you didn't want to use the safety, don't. I changed.

Case in point. S&W M&P Shield 40. More than once I holstered it, safety off, only to find the safety engaged later.

16. gregdd

gregdd New Member

good point!

I thought I was getting the old blued Taurus when I ordered it. I took the new type handle off and replaced with an old type. I now also prefer the new type of blue.

I had not thought of the safety accidently being moved to the on position. Good point! I still would prefer the safety on and practice using it though.

Taurus is a little heavier with an inch shorter barrel and only holds five. Still it has some attributes I like.

The trigger on the RUGER is impressive!!

Going to the range today. Will try for some pics!

Thanks,
    Greg

17. gregdd

gregdd New Member

first time shooting LC9s

This will make some feel like great marksmen. I've not shot since the fourth of July and can tell :eek:
    I was impressed with the LC9s though. I was lucky to have a couple walk by who were RUGER fans. He immediately noticed my hand position and gave me some coaching. My second and third groupings were better. I also had the chance to shoot his RUGER AMERICAN 9mm. I only had a short time shooting . I think I am really going to like this gun. Looking forward to getting more practice with it.

The first group is missing one shot and a real poor example of accuracy :eek:
    The second and third groups are to the head and again missing a shot. This is first time shooting this gun. I was shooting at 5 yards.
    Sorry ! I can't get the target right side up.

I purchased an additional Mag. It cost me 44.99. Wow!

target.jpg.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2016
  18. spikedriver

spikedriver Active Member

^^ That's decent shooting for the first time out. Guns that small take a little getting used to.
    Yeah the aftermarket mags are pricey, but to the best of my knowledge they are still made by MecGar in Italy. They are great quality and much better than the USA made factory Ruger mags. I've got 2 and never had trouble with them.

19. Oldhand

Oldhand AKA Rawhidekid! Lifetime Supporter

The small town south of us carries the 9 round extended mag for $37.99, here in Tucson they run $44.99. It is my understanding the extended mag is made in the USA. Both of my 7 rounds are made in Italy.:)

20. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

Check out midway. They've got em for around $30 with $5 shipping