Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Well, it doesn't ring my chimes for style, and I'd have to shoot it to get the rest of it.

·
Registered
499 Posts
It's a hybrid proof of concept that solves a problem where one does not exist. Placing a 1911 trigger on a striker fired pistol is interesting, but then it gets complicated.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
It better be special for $1100. So called new and improved patent pending would cause me to hold off to see how it holds up to expectations. Being Hudson is a new company the gun better get off to a really good start and keep on from there.
Looking at pics in the link below I don't care for the looks of it at all.
http://www.recoilweb.com/recoil-exclusive-hudson-h9-revealed-121960.html

Here is a video from Hudson. Fast forward to 1.20 to see the gun being shot.
https://www.hudsonmfg.com/

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
Well if it's anything like the 1951 Hudson Jet then they have a winner on their hands. Problem is competition ran them over and they could not compete. For you who may not know what the Hudson Jet was, it was a 6 cylinder, rear wheel drive car and was selected as the Indy Pace car. One of the few makers who had 2 carbs on it and many were wrecked when they became a dirt track racing car during the late 50's and early 60's. They called it the "upside down bathtub". I sure that Buster, VT, Old Hand (Handy) and a few of the older guys remember them. I remember them in Saugus, Ca. race track- they ALL ran Hudsons. I hope their demise doesn't come as fast as the car did.

Tommy

·
Registered
275 Posts
It's not for me. If the plumbing ain't broke, don't fix it.
And, that bulbous front frame- ugly and cumbersome. I prefer a gun without rails, much less a double chin.

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Well if it's anything like the 1951 Hudson Jet then they have a winner on their hands. Problem is competition ran them over and they could not compete. For you who may not know what the Hudson Jet was, it was a 6 cylinder, rear wheel drive car and was selected as the Indy Pace car. One of the few makers who had 2 carbs on it and many were wrecked when they became a dirt track racing car during the late 50's and early 60's. They called it the "upside down bathtub". I sure that Buster, VT, Old Hand (Handy) and a few of the older guys remember them. I remember them in Saugus, Ca. race track- they ALL ran Hudsons. I hope their demise doesn't come as fast as the car did.

Tommy
I don't remember the Jet specifically, but do remember the Hudson-Nash bathtubs; The father of one of my buddies owned one. It featured an early 'climate control' heater that started putting out heat 7 or 8 miles after start-up. I sort of remember the Hudson Hornet having a dual carb 6 cylinder engine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts