Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone I’m Justin. Last year I traded a mini lathe with tooling for a Rutgers mini 14 .223 rem 1981. I’m looking to see what kind of value the gun has. I also got a synthetic stock and it came with a walnut stock, 4 metal 1974-1976 metal 556 magazines military magazine pouch. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
84 Posts
Value on firearms is largely dependent on physical appearance, and wear and tear of the mechanicals. The value on your mini would also be slightly less, based on the fact that it is not a ranch model.

My best guess, assuming the mini is in very good to excellent condition, would be $700 to $750 max for the package.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Value on firearms is largely dependent on physical appearance, and wear and tear of the mechanicals. The value on your mini would also be slightly less, based on the fact that it is not a ranch model.

My best guess, assuming the mini is in very good to excellent condition, would be $700 to $750 max for the package.
The 556 steel magazines are more than half the value you mentioned. And they are extremely hard to find.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not exactly sure what you mean. Are these Rare, early Ruger mags? Photos would help.
The steel magazines I have are post Vietnam era magazines from the military. In 1980 the metal that was used was a lower grade metal but you pay for the better ones. Original steel .556 magazines are expensive like $250 to $425.00 per each. And are extremely hard to find cause those with the ones I have will not give them up so easily. The only close samiliar to the ones I have are the H&K steel mags but those run $200 now.

·
Registered
84 Posts
That’s correct and I don’t have any ruger mags
Your post was confusing because you mentioned Mini 14 and steel mags at the same time. All factory Ruger mags are steel, thus the confusion. I know that the early steel 20 rnd ruger mags are constructed differently from current standards, and are quite rare. That's what I thought you were referring to. So I will revise my estimated value. $600 for the mini 14 without a magazine. And whatever you can get on Ebay for your other items.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Your post was confusing because you mentioned Mini 14 and steel mags at the same time. All factory Ruger mags are steel, thus the confusion. I know that the early steel 20 rnd ruger mags are constructed differently from current standards, and are quite rare. That's what I thought you were referring to. So I will revise my estimated value. $600 for the mini 14 without a magazine. And whatever you can get on Ebay for your other items.
Thanks I appreciate it

1 - 12 of 12 Posts