Ruger Talk Forums banner

New Guy From WA State

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  0311 
#1 ·
Jumping into the Ruger Talk forum. I’m already a member of a couple other gun talk forums based on other firearms that I own. Figured, given how much I love my AR556 MPR, I ought to join this one, too. We also have a Mk IV Standard that belongs to our 19 year old daughter (her grandfather gave it to her). As you can tell from the picture of that one, it is quite well used and has been around the family a long time.

I’m an old Army guy that first learned to love the 1911 in Basic Training (1985, if you’re keeping score). I was a Tank Crewman, serving in 11th ACR, 1st AD, 9th ID, I Corps, and 24th ID over the years. Tank Crew’s primary personal weapon is a pistol. I started out with the M1911A1 and then transitioned to the M9 when the Army adopted it. And, of course, I had my hands on plenty of M16’s over the years.

Aside from guns, other hobbies include grilling and smoking meat, traveling with my wife and kids (my wife and I just spent 3 weeks in Germany and Austria), hanging out in the backyard, and reading …. Especially political/military thrillers (currently hooked on Jack Carr’s stuff), Science Fiction (especially military sci fi), and Fantasy.

Other guns include a Diamondback DB15, Kimber Custom LW, Sig P365xl (my EDC), and my wife has both a Sig P320 X-Carry and a Diamondback DB15 as well.

The AR556 is zeroed at 25/250 meters, has Magpul BUIS and a Pew Pew Tactical sling. Will probably add an optic to it in the near future, just not sure what I want to do there, yet.

Watch Air gun Trigger Finger Gun barrel

Automotive tire Tire Sleeve Wood Tints and shades

Machine gun Air gun Shotgun Trigger Gun barrel

See less See more
Reactions: Weez556
#3 ·
Thanks! Is that where Shiner beer is brewed? Shiner Bock is my favorite beer with BBQ :)

#5 ·
Thanks for the welcome …. no worries, better to tell you now than later I figure!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.