New guy from Kansas City, MO

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Spleenless-Dave, May 2, 2017.

1. Spleenless-Dave

Spleenless-Dave New Member

Hi all, I'm Dave from KC,Mo. Graphic artist, guitar player, movie fan and movie prop collector/and occasional builder. Got my first Ruger late last year (LCRX) and traded it last week for a new Mark IV Target stainless.

:)

2. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

:welcome:

Welcome to RugerTalk Spleenless-Dave!

I take it there's a story behind that screen name?

3. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Welcome to RT. I guess you weren't thrilled with the LCRx or you just wanted the MKIV.

4. Pancho_Villa

Pancho_Villa Well-Known Member

Muy bueno compadre!!!!!! Welcome to the forum from deep south Texas!!!!!

My M in law was spleenless. She had to have her's removed after a bad wreck. And of course she ha to take more insulin.

My spleen just doesn't work. So I have to take insulin.

Good choice onthe MK-IV. Goot paper puncher and plinker. I have acouple of the old MK-II T stainles target models, a 5.5 bull and a 7" bull. Also a 4" blue stanadard. Great for all kinds of shooting. Also have an LCR .357. Don't shoot it much, but do carry it some. Yeah, i'm a Rugaholic!!!!!!

5. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to the forum Dave,

Thanks for joining.

btw , send me some Kansas City BBQ ribs.....;):)

Jim

6. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to the R/T !!

OK...story time: How did you lose your spleen !?

7. Uncle_Louie

Uncle_Louie 1968 Ford Galaxie 500 XL

Welcome to the forum Dave

Attached Files:

8. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Dave,
    Welcome to the RT forum. Great guys and gals on this site and they have a lot of info to share. If you have some pics, please post them. We all love guns no matter what brand.

From the land of eternal sun and beaches- life here in the summer time is a sunny beach and we hope to have a beach soon.

Tommy from Az.

9. Spleenless-Dave

Whoa, I didn't expect to come back to find so many responses! Thanks for the welcome, everyrone!

The story behind the lack of spleen was I slid in to oncoming traffic on Valentine's Day 1990 during an ice storm, and ended up in the hospital for a month and a half with a crushed pelvis, dislocated leg, dislocated arch bones in my right foot, broken ankle, cheekbone, eye socket, jaw, cracked skull, collapsed lungs, and dislocated foot arch bones. Thanks to the docs and nurses, I survived, though with lots of scars and some aches and pains as I've gotten older.

Pancho, I've never heard about needing more insulin with losing a spleen. I'll have to check that out. I was told though a few years ago by a doctor that had asked me if I ever get fevers that I should get to the emergency room, as there about 3 infections that could kill me in a matter of days. What happened to your spleen to cause it not to function?

Buster, I did like the LCRX, but as you said, I did like the Mark IV more and wished I had gotten that instead. I bought it on a whim. lol I may get another down the road. For now though, I do have a revolver, a Dan Wesson .357 that was my brothers I can go shoot some .38's through.

Phideaux, I don't think the ribs will still be hot when they get to you. :D

10. allenr

allenr Member

Welcome Dave. This is a great forum full of good people with good manners. Jump in and swim around. You will find much of interest here. Are you KC MO or KS?

11. Spleenless-Dave

Thanks! I've got a few pics I'll dig up and post. :)

Missouri, born and raised and work in Kansas.

12. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

Welcome from Texas Dave :tiphat:
    Man!
    Sounds like 1990 + has been a tough time for you. Glad you survived and glad to have you here with us.

You guys ever had Texas B B Q brisket slow cooked over hickory? Ummmm. :Cooltu:
    It's good even when cold...

:usa:

13. allenr

allenr Member

KC MO great city. Visited a Marine buddy of mine there in 1997. I think we went to every jazz bar in town. Bad hangover but lots of fun

14. Spleenless-Dave

Thanks! Yeah, it was touch and go my family said, and with my jaw wired shut and eating through a straw and not very hungry, I dropped 40 lbs in 6 weeks while laying in ICU and later in a room and was 135 lbs when I got out of the hospital. At 6' tall, I was a scarecrow.

I've never had that Texas BBQ, but it sounds damned good! Makin' me hungry...

Last edited: May 4, 2017
  15. Spleenless-Dave

Here's a few pics of my "kids".

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. spikedriver

spikedriver Active Member

Welcome to RT from an Iowa boy. I got friends in Olathe and North KC so I get down there quite often, though not so much as I'd like to. I'm coming down at the end of May for some Oklahoma Joe's BBQ and a Samantha Fish concert. Always a good time in KC!

17. SHOOTER13

You're lucky to be alive...thanks for the back story.

18. Spleenless-Dave

You're welcome! The docs did a good job saving my butt. It's amazing that all that damage happened at about 15 mph. But I was in a tin can 88 Toyota truck with no airbags, and the impact was from a 70's Cutlass right in the door of my truck.

Now I'm all full of titanium in my face and pelvis, so it's fun to freak out a date by taking their hand and touching their fingertip above my left eye to feel the bumps. "What is that?" "Screws." I say, and her hand snaps back away like she touched a turd. :laugh2:

19. SHOOTER13

A conversation piece eh...!? :rolleyes:

20. Spleenless-Dave

:D Sometimes the conversation lags on a date!