Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all! My name is Scott and I'm an engineer for a large integration company in West Palm Beach, Florida. I'm no stranger to firearms having trained under an expert marksman and ex-Army sniper turned Florida State Trooper for many years, a good friend of mine who passed away in 2006. I owned a speed shop and import drag race team based out of Hallandale for a few years in the late 90's into 2000 which I sold to my business partner; fun, but too much money and travel. From there I went full-time with my then hobby into teaching martial arts. I taught Taekwondo and Krav Maga for about 8 years until 2007 when my back problems just would not permit the physical stamina anymore - old car accident injury affecting my L5 and C2 discs. So I'm back doing what I do which is engineering; a boring office job, haha!

I have a Ruger LC9s as my carry, a Bersa Thunder 380 as a nightstand extra, a Marlin 30-30 rifle and Remington pump-action shotgun. Wish I got out more with the long barrels, but such is life. Favorite gun from past was my Kimber CDP II which was sold when I divorced my 1st wife of nearly 20 years along with some other toys to clean up debt. Now I'm happily married to my high school sweetheart since 2011. I have three children, a 20 year old son from my first marriage, a 21 year old step-son and 23 year old step-daughter. It's been a long strange trip, some ups, some downs, but it's where I am and made me who I am. :metal:

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Welcome to Ruger Talk, Exit39!
Sounds like you've had an exciting life so far!

Enjoy the forum

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Welcome to RT. You have enough guns and enough life experience to hold your own in our deep philosophical discussions. But you don't have enough guns to be enough.

BTW what's your take on the LC9s? I've shot an LCP...

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Welcome to RugerTalk,

Thanks for the introduction.

Sounds like you'll fit right in.

Jim

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Welcome to the forum and you have had an interesting life for sure. Yeah like VT said I believe you will be buying more guns after becoming part of a gun forum. Rugers IMO are the best bang for the buck.
You might want to check if there is a chiropractor that practices Gonstead teachings in your area for your back. It did wonders for my knee after being laid up over 6 months in a lot of pain.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome to the forum and you have had an interesting life for sure. Yeah like VT said I believe you will be buying more guns after becoming part of a gun forum. Rugers IMO are the best bang for the buck.
You might want to check if there is a chiropractor that practices Gonstead teachings in your area for your back. It did wonders for my knee after being laid up over 6 months in a lot of pain.
Thanks all! Eesh, chiropractors. No good experiences to talk about there. I've been to an orthopedic and have had cortison injections which don't last. Fact is, my L5 has no fluid and must be replaced. It's not so bad to where I want to have it done ... yet. My neck is another story.

Happy to be here and looking forward to getting involved. :Cooltu:

·
Patriot
2,160 Posts
:welcome:
Welcome from across the gulf.
Drag racing, martial arts and guns, all high performance. Sounds like my kind of fun.
Glad to have you here at R/T with us.

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
Welcome to the forum from another new guy.

·
Premium Member
1,482 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
AKA Rawhidekid!
1,868 Posts
Welcome to RT, happy to have you aboard. As long as we are still around to talk about, Ain't life grand!:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts