Ruger Talk Forums banner

New gun

3K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  jstanfield103 
#1 ·
Woo Hoo!
My first post in the big boys forum!
Just picked up my 5" GP100. My shooting range is my backyard.
Problem is.............it's 16deg outside!:eek:
All the best
Baldy

#6 ·
Thanks
I did brave the elements and went out and shot a bit. I'm a newbie and still working on the posting of pictures. All a picture would have shown is an old guy out in the snow freezing is bottom of shooting at a tin can. Had fun! Got burnt powder on the gun. It's happy. I'm happy. All is good!
Baldy

#8 ·
Thanks
I did brave the elements and went out and shot a bit. I'm a newbie and still working on the posting of pictures. All a picture would have shown is an old guy out in the snow freezing is bottom of shooting at a tin can. Had fun! Got burnt powder on the gun. It's happy. I'm happy. All is good!
Baldy

#10 ·
Thanks to all
I shot 158gr LSWC 38's and 125gr copper jacket HP 357's. All are hand rolled by me.

Williboy
I don't mind the cold either. The last 2 and a half years of my career, the AF sent me to Minot North Dakota. I actually loved it! Now I know what 50 below feels like.

All the best
Baldy

#14 ·
Balding Eagle, I want to also welcome you to the forum. I Love my GP's but they usually make me want more Ruger's. I find the GP to be even more of an excellent revolver than the S&W's, they just are not quite as refined as the Smith's but they are definitely a working mans revolver. Especially for us who reload.
Congratulations and I think I will keep the warmer Kentucky weather. Much more agreeable to me. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.