New Grey LCRs

Discussion in 'Ruger Revolver Forums' started by mag318, Mar 7, 2016.

1. mag318

mag318 Member

I see that Ruger has jumped on the grey gun craze. My LGS has a 2" LCRx with a grey frame and I have to admit it looks good.

2. Blkhawk73

Blkhawk73 Member

I know a while ago TALO contracted for some varied colors of the LCR as sort of an "armed services" thing. I know grey and blue ones were contracted. 1500 of each if I recall correctly. They were done in 2011 I believe.

3. mag318

mag318 Member

The one I looked at this afternoon was current production I believe because the front sight had the white stripe on it. Next time I go into the shop I'll look at the box and the end label and snap a photo.

4. mag318

mag318 Member

Went back to my dealer to double check this grey LCRx and it's brand new. Check out the end label. Now every maker is producing grey guns, and they definitely have eye appeal although there's nothing you can do to an LCR to make it good looking.

Attached Files:

5. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

kinda have to agree with ya there.....I really like the gun buts they're not gonna win any beauty contests......

6. Blkhawk73

Blkhawk73 Member

Interesting...have to do some snooping around to find out a back story.

for what the gun is intended for, looks should be far down on the list of what's important anyways. :)

7. gunslinger669

gunslinger669 Active Member

What kind of car or truck do you drive? Do you like the way it looks as well as its functionality?

Sales. It's all about sales. Form AND function.

8. mag318

mag318 Member

Well said.

9. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

I don't know guys, personally if it doesn't look good to me I gotta pass on it.
    I want both, function and looks. In that order. :D

10. Blkhawk73

Blkhawk73 Member

Yup sales, and in a society of "look at me" it's all about fashion. Like those that worry about fancy looks on their concealed carry holster and gun. :confused: It's going to be concealed...unseen...hidden why should looks matter in such a case. Seeing as this is intended as a carry gun why should looks matter? Is it the image factor? Cool factor? You know...it's cool if it's black or some other color scheme used by the military but make it something different and WHOA! :eek:

The car/truck thing... Well I do prefer plain and care not about fancy frills and whiney there as well. Of course having it have a clean finish free of scratches and dents is desired as it IS seen and pretty darn hard to conceal. ;) the pick up bed however... Not one of those that gets worried about the scratches and marks there as THAT area is intended to be used. I see these types on a weekly basis and actually had one customer want to ever his plastic bedlinen so he didn't scratch it. :confused: If he only knew what that bedliner was doing to his bed underneath. lol

11. Ernesto

Ernesto In the army now..

Because Gray matters. :D

12. gunslinger669

gunslinger669 Active Member

The more efficiently and effectively a group of engineered metal parts works, the more beautiful it is. Zippo lighters. 1911s. Hamilton watches. Stirling engines. The list goes on.....

13. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Kind of like owning a Model A Ford. Sure weren't the most beautiful creatures in the world when they were built but for the time they were very functional. Both of mine are 86 years old and they still run. So the same could be said about this pistol. If it's functional, accurate and suits your fancy, then more power to you. It will probably still be shooting 86 years from now. Besides, you will have it concealed. Better than my Model A's. They are in the open where everyone can see them and can give me a thumbs up or the middle finger telling me I am #1. Don't really care though.

Tommy