Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a RA .308, my first centerfire game gun. Im really excited. I have shot some large bore rifles when I was a kid but have hunted exclusively with a bow. I shoot BH no sights or releases. I am lucky enough to have two California record book animals. I hunted HARD for these animals, no tree stand or blind shooting. I'm point on at 70 Yds. and I think I would like to extend that range a little.

Why buy a rifle? I'm 54 now and want to be able to hunt both seasons. I also have a nine year old that needs to learn a wide variety of shooting skills. I am hoping to realize the Ruger quality I have known from the past. I think our first try is going to be some BLM land wild boar. I get to pick up my new rifle on Jan 6th.I'm not in a hurry to shoot it, but most concerned to break it in properly. Wish me luck.

·
NRA Benefactor Member
1,345 Posts
Welcome to RT....

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Welcome to RugerTalk,

Congrats on the new rifle.

Jim

·
Super Moderator
1,378 Posts
Welcome to the forum from NorCal

Sent from my iPhone using Ruger Forum

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
I used to be hooked on archery too. No compounds, Just a good recurve bow and like you no sights or other accessories to dilute the experience.
I lost all of my equipment a few years ago in a fire and have recently gotten the bug again. In fact, I spent far too many hours on the internet last night researching this very subject and will probably acquire a new bow after New Year.
Anyway, welcome from Texas!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts