New from California

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by riptide8, Dec 26, 2014.

1. riptide8

riptide8 New Member

I bought a RA .308, my first centerfire game gun. Im really excited. I have shot some large bore rifles when I was a kid but have hunted exclusively with a bow. I shoot BH no sights or releases. I am lucky enough to have two California record book animals. I hunted HARD for these animals, no tree stand or blind shooting. I'm point on at 70 Yds. and I think I would like to extend that range a little.

Why buy a rifle? I'm 54 now and want to be able to hunt both seasons. I also have a nine year old that needs to learn a wide variety of shooting skills. I am hoping to realize the Ruger quality I have known from the past. I think our first try is going to be some BLM land wild boar. I get to pick up my new rifle on Jan 6th.I'm not in a hurry to shoot it, but most concerned to break it in properly. Wish me luck.

2. Nogoat

Nogoat New Member

Congrats and welcome from WI

Sent from my iPhone using Ruger Forum

3. bikeride4fun

bikeride4fun NRA Benefactor Member

4. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to RugerTalk,

Congrats on the new rifle.

Jim

5. DoubleR

DoubleR Active Member

Welcome to the forum and enjoy your new rifle! :)

6. jbardellini

jbardellini Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to the forum from NorCal

Sent from my iPhone using Ruger Forum

7. Birddogyz

Birddogyz In the army now..

Welcome to the forum.

8. jmohme

jmohme Well-Known Member

I used to be hooked on archery too. No compounds, Just a good recurve bow and like you no sights or other accessories to dilute the experience.
    I lost all of my equipment a few years ago in a fire and have recently gotten the bug again. In fact, I spent far too many hours on the internet last night researching this very subject and will probably acquire a new bow after New Year.
    Anyway, welcome from Texas!