New from Alabama

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by MiaSanMia, Mar 1, 2016.

1. MiaSanMia

MiaSanMia New Member

Hello new to the forum and firearms in general. I just wanted to give a brief introduction.

If you had told me last year I would own a gun I would have been surprised. The thought started to cross my mind after working after hours in a bad part of town. My final decision was made when there was some talk last year of limiting gun rights.

I started asking questions of several people I know who are very experienced and one friend who is active in the IDPA. This helped me learn the basics and be under a watchful eye at the range. I ended up buying an SR9C in early January and a few weeks later getting my CC license. As a newbie, I like the trigger and main safety as well as the loaded chamber indicator.

Looking forward to the forum- Steven

2. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

Hey Steven, welcome to RugerTalk! Don't be afraid to ask questions about anything! Those sr9's are good guns. Enjoy the forum and jump right in!

3. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to RugerTalk,

Glad you joined,

Be active and and you will enjoy.

Jim

4. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum and the guns for protection believers. The 2nd Amendment is not about hunting but rather man's right to protect himself. I have the SR40C and it is one of my carry guns. Jump in and ask away. There are many experienced here to answer your questions.

5. MiaSanMia

MiaSanMia New Member

Thanks. I agree on the 2nd Amendment buster40c as should everyone who has read what history has taught us when someone starts imposing limits on gun ownership.

I forgot to also mention I am into old VW's, love my Doberman and mixed breed, and watching my sons play soccer.

6. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Welcome Steven to the RT forum, once of the nicest on the net. We are proud rifle/pistol owners, reloaders and genuine story tellers so please feel free to jump in on any subject that you feel like. We are glad to have you and if you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask. There are no stupid questions on this website. We all learn together.

Tommy from Az

7. DoubleR

DoubleR Active Member

Welcome and thanks for the great intro!!!
    We're happy you've joined our wonderful family! (Ummm but sometimes a little ummmmm well you'll figure it out ;) )
    We have a forum pets thread! Be sure to check it out!
    Jump on in and enjoy!

8. gumpy

gumpy New Member

Hey Mon. Welcome! Where abouts you from? I live just outside Scottsboro, in NE part of the State.

9. Oldhand

Oldhand AKA Rawhidekid! Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to the Forum from Tucson, Az. Glad to see your getting some quality training.;)

10. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

Yeah, you and about a zillion other people got into guns that way over the last few years. Nothing wrong with that and it makes good sense.
    The more people that own guns the safer we AND our gun rights are. :Cooltu:
    As you probably know by now, shooting is a lot of fun and it will turn into a great hobby if it hasn't already.

If you're like me soon you'll decide you need a gun for every occasion. Then it's on......
    Oh, almost forgot. Welcome to the best gun forum on the net.

11. MiaSanMia

MiaSanMia New Member

Thanks for the warm welcome. I am enjoying the forum. Gumpy, I live just south of Birmingham near Chelsea.

12. gumpy

gumpy New Member

There was some tornadoes down that way on Tuesday night wasn't there?

13. MiaSanMia

MiaSanMia New Member

Yes, it turned out to be ok near our house but there was some damage 10 miles away.