New duds for an old soldier GP100

Discussion in 'Ruger Revolver Forums' started by Redleg, Apr 12, 2014.

1. Redleg

Redleg New Member

The old grips that I got with this GP100 (GPF 340 half-lug, fixed sights), which I bought on consignment, were kind of tired looking. I "rescued" this gun from a consignment sale, which was from an estate sale. The gun is awesome but the grips are somewhat sad.

[​IMG]

So I picked up some nice new rubber grips from Altamont, and wood inserts from Chigs Grips. I think that they look much nicer!

[​IMG]

2. bikeride4fun

bikeride4fun NRA Benefactor Member

Looks awesome........great make over.....

3. MrCip

MrCip Active Member

Nice look...

4. EasyCZ

EasyCZ Member

Much better! What did that set you back?

5. bikeride4fun

Redleg... I could not stand it....I went to the Chigs Grips web site. And I ordered a set of Walnut Burl inserts with the Ruger Emblems. Your gun looks so good.....I had to do it..lol. I will do some pics when mine comes in. Thanks so much for the post and info.......

6. Blaze

Blaze New Member Lifetime Supporter

Those look very nice red leg. Love them ... Congrats

Davìd

7. bikeride4fun

I got the grips for my SP101......not my GP100 MC. I got a Hogue grip on my SP101....works good, just not pretty. Thought I would try this on the SP101 357....should look awesome...

8. Blaze

Blaze New Member Lifetime Supporter

Biker I know it will look good

Davìd

9. paulkalman

paulkalman Member

great look! love that wheel gun whatever grips it has but those are awesome

10. bikeride4fun

Thanks Blaze.....I will have some pics later in the week..

11. DoubleR

DoubleR Active Member

That's a good looking gun. Those grips look great on it. Really set it off. :) Very nice!

12. Redleg

Redleg New Member

Glad you guys like the grips; I am very psyched up about how this "old soldier" revolver has cleaned up. By the way the gun shoots terrific. The fixed sights are right on the money at ten yards (my "combat practice distance").

Gonna put a set of similar Chig grips on my SP101 when I get it home. Putting up with the 30 day California wait, and there is one gun in line ahead of it, so 60 days or so from now I will be posting pictures.

13. Redleg

Redleg New Member

The Chig inserts were $40 (there are very nice ones that are quite a bit cheaper, by the way) and the rubber grip was around $20. So not a bunch of money -- couple of boxes of ammo.

14. 1chig

1chig New Member

I love the looks of that revolver!!!!