New Design Request

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Ernesto, Dec 8, 2015.

1. Ernesto

Ernesto In the army now..

Wish Ruger would make something in the catagory or pistol carbines like the Keltec sub 2000.
    The compactness and simple design is just awesome I think. Plus it's middleof the road price wise.
    Some models take glock, sig clips so you can switch clips to your sidearm. Hmmm, maybe some day.
    https://www.keltecweapons.com/our-guns/sub-2000/rifle/

2. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

You mean like this Keltec sub 2000, that uses Glock 17 mags, that is VERY accurate at 100 yrds, that I didn't like the plastic, and made my own forearm/foregrip, and cheekrest...?

I love this thing, and if Ruger EVER makes a 9mm carbine , foldable ....well,,,

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Jim

3. Ernesto

I knew there was good reason to be in your will Jim.:)

4. Ernesto

Is that a .40 or 9mm? The stock parts look amazing. Just can't find a new one at all right now.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2015
  5. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Its the 9mm, Glock.

I bought about 5 yrs ago, $259.:D

They are hard to find now, and usually are in the $400 range.

Mine has less the 100 rounds thru it.

They are tricky , but not hard, to break down for cleaning.

I can hit pop cans at 100 yrds , open sights, right outta the box.
    Well , probly not anymore , as my eyes have really gone bad in last 2-3 yrs.

For fun, once , I put a full size silhouette up at 30 yrds, from hip, rapid fired 33 rnds , no recoil, and every round hit the target and mostly center mass.:cool:

Every weapon I own actually belongs to my wife,

So, Ernesto, hang around till I'm worm food, and I'm bettin she will be selling them a few at a time. She would really like to swap them for jewelry.:eek:

Back on topic.....
    There are a few pistol cal carbines out there , but none comparable to the folding Keltec. If there were Id probly have one.

Jim

6. Ernesto

There's definitely more expensive ones out there, but not as cool. Kinda looks like a sten gun. I've been looking and yes they are hard to find since Keltec won't borrow money to expand their facilities.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I979gQaLvn4[/ame]

Last edited: Dec 10, 2015