New Cannon arrives today!

Discussion in 'Ruger Revolver Forums' started by grandpawj, Oct 4, 2013.

1. grandpawj

grandpawj New Member

Well I got an email from Bud's sayin' my 5.5" BlackHawk, 45 Colt/45acp combo is supposed to arrive to my ffl today. Will post pics when I get it.

2. Ace43809

Ace43809 The Young Gun

Can't wait to see what you got! You get to shoot it soon?
    I was just up at buds yesterday

3. Pancho_Villa

Pancho_Villa Well-Known Member

Sounds like a nice hand cannon.

4. grandpawj

grandpawj New Member

Yep, here it is. The first single action I ever bought. I will get it to the range tomorrow. Plan on shootin plenty of 45 LC's and 45 ACP's. Guess I'll need to post a range report then.

Attached Files:

5. Ace43809

Ace43809 The Young Gun

Nice. Can't wait to hear how you like it!

6. bikeride4fun

bikeride4fun NRA Benefactor Member

Wow.....awesome gun.....Looks great.....

7. grandpawj

grandpawj New Member

Sometimes "honey-do's" get in the way of the best laid plans. I am gonna try to get to the range tomorrow for sure. I think I will shoot a box of Federal 45 LC 225 grain metal jacket soft points. I also have a hundred fifty 45 ACP's I have reloaded. Then I have a box of 40 ea. 45 LC's I have worked up for my 6" stainless Judge, starting at 6.3 grains of Unique working up to 7.0 gr pushing a 250 grain LRN from Mo. Bullet Co. If I run out before my wrist does, I have some 9MM's and 38 Specials I can squeeze off.

8. grandpawj

grandpawj New Member

Well Brothers, it has been quite a while since I have been to the forum. Sorry, old folks like myself, get caught up in other things sometimes. Anyway, recently I did get out on the back Porch and shot the BlackHawk bench rest at 25 yards. Here is one of my targets. Actully the fourth one. It took me a couple of cylinders full to zero it in (for my old eyes!) Don't you hate it when the front site is clear and the target is fuzzy. Anyway I got just a little more tweaking to do. Darn, I just looked at my files and the picture I took was my 38 Special LWC shot with my 6" S&W mod 686.

Wanna see it anyway?

Attached Files:

9. jbardellini

jbardellini Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Supporter

Nice target congrats hope you enjoy your new addition.