New all around shooter

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by robit79, Aug 31, 2014.

1. robit79

robit79 New Member

Hello all, with a coworker we started researching firearms and both focused on Ruger. Finally got to a range and tested out the SR45 & SR9. We both loved them and decided to pick up the .45. He got his at a gun show and mine will be here tomorrow. My wife will be hinging me at the range soon and my oldest son (10) will be going to youth training classes soon as well.

2. havasu

havasu In the army now..

Congrats on the new purchase and welcome to the forum.

3. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to RugerTalk,

Good choice.

Jim

4. lefty60

lefty60 New Member

Congrats. Enjoy your new toy. Welcome to the forum.

5. Pancho_Villa

Pancho_Villa Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum from deep south Texas. Congrats on the new .45!!!

6. bikeride4fun

bikeride4fun NRA Benefactor Member

7. Nogoat

Nogoat New Member

Welcome from WI

8. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

You will find out what will be your future. They say gun powder makes a dog go mad, it has sometimes has affected new gun owners especially hard also. I won't mention names but many of us fight a continuing battle with sometimes expensive got to have another side effects. Famous last words are "this is last gun I am going to buy".
    Gun reviews, ammo, gun safes, targets, and shooting training are soon to take up most of your browser history. You may even find yourself checking hickok45 you tube videos for gun reviews on guns you are soon to buy.
    Welcome to the forum but don't expect help controlling your gun addiction here.

9. jmohme

jmohme Well-Known Member

Welcome from Texas!

10. robit79

robit79 New Member

Thank you all. My wife will be sure to keep me on check with my purchases. And I have watched many hickok45 YouTube vids over the last two months.