Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The new Ruger SR1911 Lightweight CMD in 9mm is a great shooter.

I purchased a Ruger SR1911 Lightweight CMD 9mm last week from Grabagun.com for $695. It was delivered to my FFL in 3 days. This 9mm SR1911 CMD shoots as good as the original SR1911 5". I fired 100 rounds with no failure to feed. Sights are dead-on at 10 yards, 25ft, and 15ft. The slide is easy to pull and mussel flip is non-existent. The trigger pull is very light with a very very short reset.

Attached is a pic of the 4" target from the first 9 shots out of the box.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
It sure is great when we have very good experiences with a new gun. The 1911 triggers are usually very good like snapping glass.
Glad you like it.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I've had mine almost a week, and haven't been able to get out with it.:brickwall:
Hopefully tomorrow, or Friday morning. I expect it to be fantastic.

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
Hodge,

Stay with it and after about a thousand rounds, let me know how and if you still like it. I haven't seen any around here yet but hope to. I was thinking of trading 1 of my Combat Commanders (.45) in on the 9mm although I am not real partial to that particular round. One more thing, how does it compare to the .45 as far as weight goes? Another thing is what type of round did you shoot your target with? It looks good to me!!!

Tommy

·
NRA Benefactor Member
1,345 Posts
Awesome....love mine, its so accurate. I installed an anbi safety and a Talon front strap on mine......great gun...

·
Registered
275 Posts
Hodge,

Stay with it and after about a thousand rounds, let me know how and if you still like it. I haven't seen any around here yet but hope to. I was thinking of trading 1 of my Combat Commanders (.45) in on the 9mm although I am not real partial to that particular round. One more thing, how does it compare to the .45 as far as weight goes? Another thing is what type of round did you shoot your target with? It looks good to me!!!

Tommy
Tommy, I find that my LW Commander in 45 weighs about the same as the 9MM. They balance the same, but they don't feel the same in the hand- The 45 feels narrower, with the stock wood grips; the rubber grips on the 9MM feel better, both in grip and width. Not enough difference to change the grips on my 45, but I can feel it. The 9 is easier to rack the slide, do to the lighter recoil spring. And, the two complement each other very well!

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
What's the capacity on the 9mm? Is it still a single stack?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts