Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
You better hang onto that hand cannon. I only ever shot a 44 mag one time and that was enough for me. Ok so I am a wuss!
That looks like one big bang there. Like they say don't send a boy to do a man's job.

·
Premium Member
4,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm use to them,I've been shooting 44 mags for 25-30 years,it's my all time favorite caliber. I've been shooting a 35 Rem. pistol for around 10-15 years that kicks a lot more than any of the 44 mags I've had. I wouldn't go any more powerful than the 35 Rem. though,it took years before it got to where I stopped being nervous shooting it.

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Congrats on the DE.

Awesome guns, just think about it, Semi auto 44 magnum..

You gonna reload HOT for it?
It takes a hot round to cycle properly.;):cool:

Good pickup.

Jim

·
Registered
232 Posts
What is it?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Thank you.

·
Premium Member
4,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Congrats on the DE.

Awesome guns, just think about it, Semi auto 44 magnum..

You gonna reload HOT for it?
It takes a hot round to cycle properly.;):cool:

Good pickup.

Jim
Yeah I know,I just picked up some more bullets and powder,now just have to shoot up what's left of my factory stuff so I'll have some brass for testing,that's when the "fun" begins ;) :D.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hey Squirrel I'm jealous...VERY jealous.
As a fan of large caliber hand guns this has always been on my short list of future purchases. I have to tell myself I will not covet, I will not covet....is that what the new powder is for? And what grain bullet were you planning on pushing through it.

Nice find!

·
Premium Member
4,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey Squirrel I'm jealous...VERY jealous.
As a fan of large caliber hand guns this has always been on my short list of future purchases. I have to tell myself I will not covet, I will not covet....is that what the new powder is for? And what grain bullet were you planning on pushing through it.

Nice find!
Yeah I got some Alliant 300MP powder for it and going to try 200g,240g and 300g bullets in it to see what it like to eat the best :D.

·
Premium Member
4,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I just tried out the Desert Eagle using Remington 180g JSP on a beef stew can,it took 3 tries to get it to chamber the first round for some reason. 1st shot was low so I aimed up,next a little higher but still low. 3rd the can went flying,4th it flew farther. I love it!!!!!! Next will be trying it on a target with the reflex sight.

·
Registered
246 Posts
there won't be much squirrel left it you touch that off on them, haha

·
Registered
547 Posts
Nice piece, I've been shooting my SB .44 since the 70s. My favorite powder has been 2400. Haven't loaded in a long time, my load was accurate with 240, 180 and as luck would have the best for my 94 long gun.

·
Premium Member
4,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nice piece, I've been shooting my SB .44 since the 70s. My favorite powder has been 2400. Haven't loaded in a long time, my load was accurate with 240, 180 and as luck would have the best for my 94 long gun.
I had a SB for over 15 years that would shoot any weight Hornady XTP bullet as accurate as a rifle. I had the 10 1/2 model with a ported barrel and scope. I could hit bulls eyes at 75 yards with no trouble. I took several deer with that gun.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts