new 10/22

Discussion in 'Ruger 10/22' started by single5, Mar 16, 2015.

1. single5

single5 New Member

My 10/22 with tacstar stock, BSA sweet 22 scope with bullet drop turrets and kwiksite ksru-22 see thru mounts. I'm all giddy and anxious to site her in! :D

Attached Files:

2. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Congrats ,

Looking good.

We do want to see a range report.

Jim

3. single5

single5 New Member

Will do! Waiting for the weather to co-operate lol

4. single5

single5 New Member

I got it dialed in @ 50yards with a breeze blowing in and slightly to my right. I only shot cci standard 40 grain ammo flawlessly with no hiccups. This is the last 6 shots on fresh target paper.
    I am pleased with the scope, bright, crisp and clear optics. The see through mounts are solid pieces and do their job perfectly. The cheek weld is fine for me as I'm used to deer hunting with a Winchester model 94 that has see through mounts solely for ejection purposes. It may be a bit much for some but feels natural to me.
    Overall....this thing is AWESOME! I LOVE it. I don't know what is next? Lots of shooting thats for sure! I am going to tweak it on a calm day and try out some different ammo.
    Be blessed y'all :)

Attached Files:

5. single5

single5 New Member

Sorry guys. The pic flipped up on its side. :confused:

6. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

7. single5

single5 New Member

Thanks. I'll be on the lookout for some.

8. QBToo

QBToo New Member

I use the TacStar stocks like you have on my two 10/22 takedowns....love the collapsible stock since it allows me to adjust my LOP and eye relief with my scope.

Nice looking set up and great shooting....thanks for the pics.

9. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Years ago I had a Ruger 10/22 and then bought probably a half dozen more. I have to admit that the old 10/22's were a great rifle. We shot the hell out of them without any issues and all my buddies had one for "plinker" use. Then we got into target shooting and pin shoots and silhouettes.
    I don't remember anyone having any problems with them. If this rifle shoots near as good as the old ones did, then you have 1 fine rifle. Just don't be an idiot like I was and sell it. They will bring hours of pleasure and fun! I hope you have better luck finding ammo than we do here in Az. You just can't find ammo and I have no reason why. Keep a lot of ammo on hand if possible and blast like we did in the past. Good buy!!!!!
    Tommy

10. bikeride4fun

bikeride4fun NRA Benefactor Member

Congrats.......love 10/22's.......