New 10/22

Discussion in 'Ruger 10/22' started by jimmyp, Nov 13, 2013.

1. jimmyp

jimmyp New Member

Feel like a kid again, looking at .22 rifles; i just love em and have been away from them too long! Decided to make a nice bunny hunting gun and found a new 10/22 with green laminate stock for $260.00. Ordered a nice Williams peep sight for it and will probably get some trigger work done. Can't wait, should be a fun shooter. The shop actually had .22 ammo in stock so I really feel like I won the lottery.

How many guys like peep sights? I learned on one and love em!

2. Blaze

Blaze New Member Lifetime Supporter

Congrats on your build & ammo ... Post a pic if can

3. DDubya

DDubya Member

Congrats. You may want to post in the 10/22 Rifle area. This is the .22 handgun section.

4. bikeride4fun

bikeride4fun NRA Benefactor Member

Congrats....got to love the 10/22....

5. jimmyp

jimmyp New Member

Huh...on my phone just says .22 rim fire discussion

6. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Hey jimmy,
    sometimes we relocate threads to the best subforum to get the best visibilty, for the thread.

I just moved your thread on 10/22 Rifle to the 10/22 Subforum.

BTW, I have a 10/22 that is my favorite range gun ,just for its accuracy.

Jim

7. 9x19

9x19 Old enough to know better

Congrats on the new 10/22.

I'm not a huge fan of peep sights (prefer optics), but I'd take them over standard open sights any day.

8. jimmyp

jimmyp New Member

ImageUploadedByRuger Forum1387056610.041999.jpg
    So here's the rifle, not the best pic but boy she's pretty! Tech Sights aperture sights are now on order! Will post more once I install them.

9. jimmyp

jimmyp New Member

ImageUploadedByRuger Forum1387572391.377177.jpg ImageUploadedByRuger Forum1387572409.660563.jpg
    Boom! There we have it!!!

MDS likes this.
  10. Blaze

Jimmyp. She sure looks good

11. jimmyp

jimmyp New Member

Thanks Blaze! No more aftermarket going on her, should make a great bunny gun.

12. Blaze

Really like the color of the wood very nice

13. 22shooter

22shooter New Member

Jimmyp. Love those laminated green stocks ,own brown laminated brown thumb hole stocked 10/22tts .great looks and great gun.If anyone knows anything about this rifle ,please leave a message thanks 22 shooter in southern Illinois"

14. SquintBeastwood

SquintBeastwood New Member

I just ordered a take down with the American stock and I'll be adding the BX trigger and some fiber optic sights a liitle later. I dont know what took me so long to get one but cant wait to get it home. Just joined a great gun club too so it should get plenty of use.

15. SquintBeastwood

Update: Just received my 10/22 TD and put the BX trigger in it. What a difference that makes. I guess fiber optic sights are out and a small scope is now in since my eye sight rather sucks as I get older. Saw a Nikon P-22 2-7 x 32 on SPG for a little under 200 bucks which has high possibilities. Anyone have experience with Nikon scopes?

16. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

No experience with Nikon but my 2-7 magnification rimfire scope works great on the 10/22.
    As you probably know, at 2 power you can keep running game in the scope and up at 7 you can ID anything that's within .22 LR range.

I would think a guy should be able to get a very good rimfire scope for $200.
    Lots of guys swear by their Nikon... If you get one let us know how you like it.

:usa:

17. SquintBeastwood

Well I got the Nikon P-Rimfire 2-7x32 scope and mounted it with DNZ Game Reaper 1" mount. I got the low mount and as my luck would have it was the wrong height for the Takedown model so an exchange is in process. I needed the high mount so I can remove the barrel otherwise there isn't enough clearance between the rear sight and bell of the scope. I will have to utilize the stock with the high comb now too.

I do like the scope and should be a fine compliment to the rifle. It has BDC marks unfortunately they are marked for CCI Stinger ammo or others that match that speed (1640 fps) however the good news is that Nikon has a software program called Spot On for compensating various loads to their scopes. I paid 179.00 for it and the glass isn't bad for the price range but at max power it isn't as clear as it is at 2. Overall I am happy with it and it will serve its purpose.