Ruger Talk Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just picked up this 10/22 takedown and noticed when I got home that the upper and the receiver stocks do not look like they align correctly, especially when viewed from the underside (about 1/8"). There doesn't seem to be any play for realignment. I have not yet shot a round through it.

Other then the obvious visual, is there something wrong here?

Have others seen this?

Is this a defect or am I being too picky?

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
I dont own a take down model, but,
If I had just bought one, and seen this offset , I would question it also,
and being a picky person, ;) I would probably call Ruger and find out why.

Then if they said "thats the way it is suppose to be", I would go to my LGS and check a few more.

Just my opinion.

Jim

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont own a take down model, but,
If I had just bought one, and seen this offset , I would question it also,
and being a picky person, ;) I would probably call Ruger and find out why.

Then if they said "thats the way it is suppose to be", I would go to my LGS and check a few more.

Just my opinion.

Jim
The call to Ruger will have to be Monday or so as they are closed for the weekend.....I did send their CS a message about this with a link to the picture. I am going to go back to my LGS and see what they say and compare it to others on display.

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
I'm thinking that's no damn good. Also wondering if those two sections were part of the same gun when it/they left Rugerville.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm thinking that's no damn good. Also wondering if those two sections were part of the same gun when it/they left Rugerville.

I witnessed them opening the box (was sealed) so I have to think that is the way they shipped it,

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mine lines up evenly and the space is equal.
I know the spacing can be adjusted with the adjustment know, I just don't see a way to realign the hand grip to the reciever:dizzy:

·
Banned
475 Posts
I would definitely be concerned about that one........................friend of mine has a take down, and it doesn't look anything like that.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Thank you all for the confirmation that this is off:)

I did go back to my LGS and they took a look at it. They said definitely defective, replaced it on the spot no other questions asked other than did I fire the weapon, told them absolutely not as I was about to tear it down for it's initial cleaning before heading to the range when I saw the misalignment.

They did the right thing here:cool:

·
Patriot
2,160 Posts
Thank you all for the confirmation that this is off:)

I did go back to my LGS and they took a look at it. They said definitely defective, replaced it on the spot no other questions asked other than did I fire the weapon, told them absolutely not as I was about to tear it down for it's initial cleaning before heading to the range when I saw the misalignment.

They did the right thing here:cool:
Good for your LGS.

It's a pleasure to do business with good people!

Sounds like you found a good store.

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
We are here to serve our members......;):)

That was the right thing to do.

Jim

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
I have a Ruger Charger TD that had a similar mid-alignment. It caused an issue with the extractor that led to stove pipes. I was able to correct it by loosening the the locking plate on the receiver and sliding the plate to the side. This cured my stove pipe issues.

Regards

Neil S.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts