Never Pass Up A Box ....................

Discussion in 'Ruger Rimfire Forums' started by SGW Gunsmith, Dec 1, 2020.

1. SGW Gunsmith

SGW Gunsmith Active Member

marked "GUN PARTS". That box just might have something very interesting inside:
    [​IMG]
    Last Friday I passed a house that had a sign out front stating there was an "Estate Sale" going on that day. So, I went in to 'nose around' and see if anything interesting was to be had.
    The box was marked 'gun parts $65.00', so I opened it up and paid what the asking price entailed, no argument and only had the hope all the parts were there.
    Once I got back to my shop curiosity took over and I assembled the pistol if only to see which, if any parts, were missing. After final assembly, only one grip screw was absent:
    [​IMG]
    Not near as smooth as a Ruger Mark II is when NIB, and surely not after the Mark II has been shot for a while, but with a little time invested, I do believe this pistol will do what it needs to do. Kinda hard to beat the price.

2. RL Johnson

RL Johnson Active Member

Nice find. I have heard about people taking their Ruger apart and not able to reassemble it. I guess the previous owner went to maker before he would admit to his wife he could not put it back together.
    I was almost in the same shape for my Mark III 22/45 but YouTube bailed me out.

SGW Gunsmith likes this.

3. SGW Gunsmith

SGW Gunsmith Active Member

Yeah, I'm sure there is a very similar story involved as you suggest.