Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not a Ruger owner. I had an LC9s years ago when they came out but sold it. I regret it obviously. I have been wanting quite a few of the Ruger line ups from the revolver to the LCP line. I have a few 40’s and a couple of 9’s (not Ruger). I purchased a 32 Seecamp last year because I wanted a cool pocket mouse. But it’s ammo specific and troubled to source. So I been pondering on trading the Seecamp on a 380 pistol that will take any ole American ammo.

Here is my dilemma. I want to comfortably carry in my pocket but the 380’s look big on paper. I was going back and fourth on the Kahr cw380 or the LCP Max. I even played around on the gun comparison site and measured all my pistols to try and get an idea on how big it is. (I really want the LCP and LCP 2 someday as well). I don’t know anyone that has one and the shops around here are sold out the day or two after they come in. I’ve watched most of the videos on YouTube and still having issues. A shop has three coming in next week with two spoken for with non-refundable deposits.

Can anyone take a photo of your Max 380 in the palm of your open hand and possibly a picture you holding it to shoot?I would appreciate it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am not a Ruger owner. I had an LC9s years ago when they came out but sold it. I regret it obviously. I have been wanting quite a few of the Ruger line ups from the revolver to the LCP line. I have a few 40’s and a couple of 9’s (not Ruger). I purchased a 32 Seecamp last year because I wanted a cool pocket mouse. But it’s ammo specific and troubled to source. So I been pondering on trading the Seecamp on a 380 pistol that will take any ole American ammo.

Here is my dilemma. I want to comfortably carry in my pocket but the 380’s look big on paper. I was going back and fourth on the Kahr cw380 or the LCP Max. I even played around on the gun comparison site and measured all my pistols to try and get an idea on how big it is. (I really want the LCP and LCP 2 someday as well). I don’t know anyone that has one and the shops around here are sold out the day or two after they come in. I’ve watched most of the videos on YouTube and still having issues. A shop has three coming in next week with two spoken for with non-refundable deposits.

Can anyone take a photo of your Max 380 in the palm of your open hand and possibly a picture you holding it to shoot?I would appreciate it.

Your Kahr is smaller than the LCP Max, and the grip angle appears to be different too. If you haven't seen it yet, go to "HandgunHero.com" and check it out for comparison. If you really want to be absolutely sure you want an LCP MAX, you have to handle it yourself at a store or a show. (For what it's worth, I just had my first range day with a brand new Max and it functioned perfectly.)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your Kahr is smaller than the LCP Max, and the grip angle appears to be different too. If you haven't seen it yet, go to "HandgunHero.com" and check it out for comparison. If you really want to be absolutely sure you want an LCP MAX, you have to handle it yourself at a store or a show. (For what it's worth, I just had my first range day with a brand new Max and it functioned perfectly.)
How is the recoil and have you tried to pocket carry it? That’s my number one concern. I don’t have a Kahr 380 but leaning heavily towards a p380.

·
Registered
13 Posts
How is the recoil and have you tried to pocket carry it? That’s my number one concern. I don’t have a Kahr 380 but leaning heavily towards a p380.
Yep,I pocket carry it and sometimes waistband carry it. It does come with an OK pocket holster. I've had three 380's and this is my favorite.It's not difficult to carry. There are a few slightly smaller ones out there, but from a weight and capacity viewpoint the Max wins hands-down.The recoil from ANY little +/- 11oz. 380 is going to be "stout". A good tight grip is required. You probably won't be a concerned about recoil in a self-defense situation. Speaking of self-defense,don't discount the importance of the higher capacity of the Max. All these little guns are difficult to shoot accurately,(at least for me),so I want as many rounds as I can reasonably get. Also,I have had to send various guns back to manufacturers for repairs and so the service and warranty are important to me... Again, it's a big plus in the Ruger column. ---------------------PS-------I've never been a fan of the LCP2/Max trigger, but I can live with it.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I have a RUGER LC9s with a Crimson Trace laser sight. Perfect carry gun with a slim profile. Double stack carry guns are for VERY high risk neighborhoods. I just carry an extra magazine or two.

For "hiking carry" their is my RUGER 57 with a HOLOSUN 509T circle/cot sight. Fits nicely inside my day pack and shoots much further than a 9 mm full sized pistol.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I CCW an original LCP and it's just perfect for my needs. I also carry others, but the LCP is my go to carry.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts