Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They acted like it was something special. About how much is it worth? I may want to sell it and buy a slab sided ss Mark III

·
Registered
232 Posts
It is the RST 6 if it is a 6 inch barrel.
Mine was made in 76 and is marked "Made in the 200th year of American Liberty". The serial number is 13-87xxx.

·
Registered
285 Posts
If I am not mistaken that is a Ruger Standard 6" -- the fixed sights make it a Standard, right?

Nice looking gun. Not really rare or a collector's item but nice to have and shoot.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
It looks just like my MKll standard. I sometimes see them for sale for around $200-$250 used in good condition. If I were you I wouldn't sell it just to buy a MKlll. I have read a few reports that people liked the MKl or MKll more than they liked the MKlll.
This gun is very accurate and dependable. I will never sell mine.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I agree. The Standard and Mark II have a simplicity that is nice; no LCI, no magazine safety. I have no problem with these features but they do complicate the disassembly process (magazine safety) and the cleaning process (LCI).

·
Registered
1 Posts
It is a "MK 1" made after they changed from the 5-digit serial No. to the longer one. The lack of the "scallops" at the end of the receiver identifies it as MK 1.

willr

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have one with a 14-SN prefix made in 1979. I paid a $100 for it in 1980 which was probably to much at that time.

I think $200 - $225 would be fair. Check Gun Broker and see what their inflated price buyers are paying. They are a very good, reliable plinker. You can also use the MKII mags in it. I would not get a MKIII, the lawyer addons make it a PITA.
Tigerbeetle

1 - 12 of 12 Posts