Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new mini-14 ranch rife . I want a decent scope 150$-200$ that can be mounted with the scope rings that came with it. Target shooting/ hunting 50-150 yards .
Thanks!

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Welcome to the forum,

Its tradition around here to introduce yourself over in the Introductions sub forum,
I encourage you to do that, and tell us a little about yourself.

Simmons Whitetail scopes from Midwayusa are in that price range and are good scopes.

Thanks

Jim

·
Patriot
2,182 Posts
Take a look at Leupolds Rifleman 2-7x33 or a Vortex Diamondback 2-7x35. For target shooting more magnification may be desired.

The Vortex has a BDC reticle for hold-over and cross winds. (Fun to play with at longer ranges.)

The Leupold should be more compact. You can study the dimensions of these and others to suit your needs.

At 2 power you can shoot 8-10 Ft in front of the muzzle. At 7 power you can shoot much farther than 150 Yd.
Most people like a higher magnification, but for close range running shots low power is King.

Both brands have a REAL lifetime guarantee and sell for $190.00 with free shipping. It's hard to get a good scope for much less IMHO.

Unfortunately there are more scope choices (and opinions) than you can shake a stick at. Good luck deciding. :confused:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts