Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to put sight on my mini 14 and M1a. I am thinking a red dot on the mini and a scout scope on the M1a. I am getting an amiga hand guard w/ rail for the mini and just want some thoughts on doing a red dot over a scope on the mini. I have just been an Iron sight guy for a long time.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Guys I know like to use an Ultimak rail, and Burris fast fire III red dot optic. If you already have the Amega rail, that's fine, but they are a little heavier, and a little harder to install than an Ultimak.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I would say it just depends on what you are going to use your mini 14 for. If you are going to run something that far forward on the gun it will probably be easier to get acclimated to a dot. There are a lot of good options out there for a red dot and not very many quality scout scopes to pick from. I do agree with 40nascar on the Ultimak rail over the Amega rail.

Good luck to you and whatever you pick.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am looking to put sight on my mini 14 and M1a. I am thinking a red dot on the mini and a scout scope on the M1a. I am getting an amiga hand guard w/ rail for the mini and just want some thoughts on doing a red dot over a scope on the mini. I have just been an Iron sight guy for a long time.
Guys I know like to use an Ultimak rail, and Burris fast fire III red dot optic. If you already have the Amega rail, that's fine, but they are a little heavier, and a little harder to install than an Ultimak.
Great Thank You, the ultimak does seem to be the favorite of most after doing more research.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input. I went with the ulitmak rail. I had to adjust the accu-strut because the rail extends a little beyond the gas block. I mounted a Sig Sauer Romeo 5 red dot and I couldn't be happier after sighting it in this weekend. Love the mini.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts