Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Name 5 weapons (rifles/pistols) that you have had over the years that you have sold or traded and if you could, get them back. We all have sellers/traders remorse and still feel it today.

Mine are:

1. Ruger Super Redhawk w/long lug stainless 7" barrel STOLEN!
2. Colt 1911 National Match 70 series Traded
3. Colt Python Nickel plated 6" barrel NIB Traded
4. Steyr-Mannlicher .222 mag. fluted barrel, full stock, with engraving, set triggers, Traded
5. Remington BDL Hunters Spec. .223, fluted barrel, 12X Zeis scope, poly
stock (I was told this was a government over run and sold to public)
Traded.

I wish I could have these guns back - a woulda/shoulda type of deal.

Tommy

·
Patriot
2,160 Posts
Can I play?
I can only come up with four.

1. .357 Blackhawk 4.5/8" barrel, blued. Made in the 1976. (200th year on barrel). Sold to buy 6.5" barrel.
2. .357 Blackhawk 4.5/8" barrel, blued, extra 9mm cylinder. Had poor accuracy, don't miss it much.
3. .22 Mag Winchester L/A. Bought new in the late 70's. Sold just before they gained collectors value. :mad:
4. .357 Marlin L/A. Made in 1980. Bought for less than half it's worth. Sold when money was tight.
5. :dunno: Edit... I forgot the SP101 my wife traded away. It was her gun. Does that count? If so, that makes 5.

I was glad to move every other gun that I sold or traded.

Like the .22LR Rem Nylon 66 that I paid $37.00 for in the mid 70's and sold for $350.00 two yr's ago. :D

·
Banned
90 Posts
1. A Colt Python, Royal Blue w/ 6" barrel
2. Two Colt 1911, Mark IV's. One w/ an Ace 22 LR Conversion Kit
3. Belgian-Made Browning 20 Gauge A-5 w/ a Set of Belgian IC and M VR Barrels
4. Two SKB Side-By-Side Shotguns. One in 12 Gauge, and the Other in 20 Gauge, and Circassian Walnut Furniture.
5. A Custom-Built, Match-Grade, M1 Garand 30-06 w/ Custom (Allen) Peep Sights

(Thanks, now I feel like crying!) :brickwall:

·
Registered
193 Posts
I had these stolen, would love to get them back.

1. Ruger Stainless Redhawk .41 Mag. 5 1/2" barrel
2. Ruger Stainless Vaquero .45 Long Colt 4 5/8" barrel
3. Ruger Stainless Mark II .22 LR
4. Browning Gold Hunter 12 Ga.
5. Styer Manlicher 7mm

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
1. H&R revolver - too long ago for details
2. Lee Enfield No.3 Mk1 "sporterized" (the barrel was shortened); the stock was too short for me
3.Ruger 44 carbine - seriously inaccurate
4. Zastava M70 - sights not for old eyes
5. Tanfoglio Witness P-S .40S&W - 'needed' some other gun

Those are just the less embarrassing ones.

·
Banned
5,591 Posts
I've lost 3 guns in my lifetime and regret every one.

1) M1 carbine, sold for $65 to a friend who ended up losing (?) it.

2) A Ruger Blackhawk .44 Magnum to a friend who agreed to sell it to me, but got cold feet the next day.

3) Walther PPKS .380 to my ex wife in the divorce.

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
It tears me up, to let one of my babies go but,

Sometimes ...

only 3 in my life,

1. Itratec 9mm , would only run on super hot loads.
2 Taurus Milpro 45, fired 10 sots thru it , bought new, had a recall on it, got rid of it.
3 S&W M&P AR 22, set in safe 3 years never fired, not my style, a guy wanted it real bad , made money on it.

That's it .

Now that I got a Bobcat , I may sell the Jennings JA22, if I could get a Ben Franklin for it. :)

Jim

·
Premium Member
4,199 Posts
1. Ruger New Model Super Blackhawk 44mag with ported 10 1/2" barrel and scope..Sold
2. Ruger New Model Super Blackhawk 44 mag with 7 1/2" barrel and trigger job with trigger stop. Stolen
3 Ruger Mark II 22 LR with 6" bull barrel. Sold
4. Marlin Model 25 22lr rifle with scope. Real tack driver. Sold
5.Springfield Armory Stainless 1911A1 45acp with 5" barrel and adjustable sights. Sold

·
RETIRED MODERATOR
7,454 Posts
Only have three I sold / traded...

1.) A beautiful blued steel S&W Model 19 Combat Magnum K Frame .357 Magnum...6" barrel...adjustable sights...RR WO TT TH ( Red Ramp / White Outline {sights} Target Trigger / Target Hammer...my very 1st brand new firearm...SOLD to a co-worker's Dad in order to buy a motorcycle I just had to have...{ kick myself in the ass everyday now...}

2/3.) A Ruger P89 DC ( de-cocker ) in 9mm and a Ruger Security Six in .357 Magnum that I bought used for $200 a piece from a retired fireman back in the mid-90s...{whose son was not right in his head and he was afraid the son would use to commit suicide.}...TRADED to a gun shop for $250 a piece for my Old Model (2005) Ruger Bisley Vaquero in .357 Magnum... I paid sales tax...{Awesome trade in my book...}

·
Registered
275 Posts
Henry Big Boy 357/38- gave to a friend who was hard up for money (he worked in a gun shop, and could turn it around quick). Wish I still had it.
Sig Sauer P229 Nitron/40- sold
Sig Sauer P239 Nitron/9- sold
Sig Sauer P226 Equinox- traded
Sig Sauer P229 Legion/9MM- sold

There are others. I've enjoyed the journey of buying a gun, getting to know it, and either keeping it or moving on to the next. Lost a little, made a little, I have no regrets.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Ive never sold a gun. I've bought guns as a gift for other people but haven't sold any of mine. That said, I have an inline muzzleloader that I'm looking to get rid of if anyone's interested.....

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Put that sucker in Classifieds here, never know.

Look over the rules first.

Jim

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
I have sold over a dozen and only one that I thought I shouldn't have sold. It was a Winchester 1400semi auto 12ga. shotgun. I bought another one just like it years later and at the same time I bought an Remington 1100. I liked the 1100 more so sold the 1400. Found out parts for the 1400 were getting hard to come by and the gun was known for the receiver breaking, mostly under cold conditions.

·
Patriot
2,160 Posts
I had a 12 ga Remington 11/87.
With the full choke tube in place it shot doughnut shaped patterns with my #6 squirrel loads.
(Not a single pellet in the center)!

I was happy to let someone else enjoy that gun...

:GadsdenFlag:

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
You reminded me, Buster. I sold a Winchester 1400 20 ga. that patterned like [ /] that. Slugs seemed to go 'every whichway'.

·
Registered
13 Posts
.44 mag Super Blackhawk
Single Six Convertible
S&W 629 w/custom grips, sight, and
engraving
Weatherby .300 Weatherby Mag
Browning A-5 3" magnum 26" barrel

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
And I have remembered that I traded a Marlin 1895 .45-70 for a Ruger 77 "mark I" in 7X57 Mauser. It was a good trade.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I have very few I've let go. However, one in particular was a minty Remington 540.

It was set up with Redfield Olympic aperture sights. That thing was a tack driver. Traded it towards a minty first yr Ruger 10/22 international which then got traded towards a Ruger #1V in .22-250 so I didn't lose one the end result but boy I miss that little 22lr.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Can I play?
I can only come up with four.

1. .357 Blackhawk 4.5/8" barrel, blued. Made in the 1976. (200th year on barrel). Sold to buy 6.5" barrel.
2. .357 Blackhawk 4.5/8" barrel, blued, extra 9mm cylinder. Had poor accuracy, don't miss it much.
3. .22 Mag Winchester L/A. Bought new in the late 70's. Sold just before they gained collectors value. :mad:
4. .357 Marlin L/A. Made in 1980. Bought for less than half it's worth. Sold when money was tight.
5. :dunno: Edit... I forgot the SP101 my wife traded away. It was her gun. Does that count? If so, that makes 5.

I was glad to move every other gun that I sold or traded.

Like the .22LR Rem Nylon 66 that I paid $37.00 for in the mid 70's and sold for $350.00 two yr's ago. :D
SP 101, great firearm. I would not sell mine. I carry mine camping, along with others.

·
AKA Rawhidekid!
1,868 Posts
German Drilling double barrel 16 ya with 3006 underneath,
Walther P38 matching serial numbers
Browning Sweet 16 shotgun
Colt .22 Buntline
Winchester 3030
All sold to go over seas.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts