naked carry ??

Discussion in 'Ruger Center Fire Pistols' started by gregdd, Dec 29, 2016.

1. gregdd

gregdd New Member

I've been experimenting with different holsters for pocket carry with my LC9s. I normally wear cargo slacks or shorts that have a small pocket inside the front large pocket that holds the nose and helps with the outline very well.
    It would seem to me that I could leave it with the safety on and chamber the gun as I draw . This RUGER seems to chamber easily. I think the risk of a miss chambering would be slight. I believe that the loss of time chambering would be small. I'm tempted to just naked carry the LC9s .

I like the way the gun conceals in these pants ( propper brand ) and have no concern of the holster coming out with the gun. These pants are made of a rather slick material that allows a really quick draw with no hang ups.

What do you guys think about naked carry in the scenario I've given?

Thanks,
    Greg

2. nickndfl

nickndfl Active Member

I would still use a soft pocket holster to protect the trigger and reduce printing. They are around $5. Now if you literally mean where you are naked, I would advise against it.

3. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

I would advise you to not go naked unless you can find a spot to hide it - maybe where the sun don't shine would be a good spot! :goodluck::cryinglaugh:
    Tommy

4. Oldhand

Oldhand AKA Rawhidekid! Lifetime Supporter

The pocket holster helps keep lint out of the barrel and action. Trying to jack a round in an emergency can be hazardous if not practiced. I carry with a round in the chamber and safety on.;)

5. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Something, anything, (fingers) hang on that trigger,

You got yourself a negligent discharge...:eek:

I would never carry without a trigger shield.

Jim

6. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

My LC9S the slide is fairly heavy pull to rack a round into chamber. You get in an adrenalin pumping moment you might wish you didn't have to rack a slide to fire the gun. I would carry one in the tube with the safety on with the gun in a pocket holster.

7. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

The way I see it, a pistol with an empty chamber is an empty pistol.
    The small amount of time it takes to chamber a round could make all the difference.

What if you get blindsided and it is all you can do just to get your gun.
    What if one arm or hand is injured and therefor useless.
    The "What If" list is endless.

Just what I think.... ;)

Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
  8. spikedriver

spikedriver Active Member

If you were carrying an old style hammer fired LC9, I'd say maybe, because you could hang a concrete block off the trigger and it still wouldn't go off. But an LC9s, no way would I pocket carry mine without the holster. I strongly feel that the trigger must be kept covered for safety with that gun. I've had the safety become disengaged in my coat pocket. In no way would I want a hot LC9s in my pocket with the trigger guard unprotected.

9. louchia

louchia Member

No way I would carry with an empty chamber. More than likely, a SD situation would be fast and close. Have you watched any Police training videos on the "21 foot rule" also known as the "Tueller Drill"? If not, watch some of these videos. You may change your mind about carrying with an empty chamber.

10. gregdd

gregdd New Member

holster

I read my post and see it was a little confusing .I meant that I would not have to worry about the holster coming out with gun. The naked carry would eliminate that concern.
    I have to agree about being chambered. I may get some leather today and customize one of my old holsters to my liking.

Greg

11. allenr

allenr Member

I have been researching pocket holsters on the web as I intend to buy one. I came across one that is quite different. The holster leaves access to all the controls and the slide can be racked while it in the holster.

There's several positive reviews on YouTube. Search for boraii holster and be sure to watch the Frugal Prepper video. He has set a way using the holster so that if the pocket hook does not engage when he raises the gun it strips the holster off.

I found the holster on eBay for $18.50 including shipping. I ordered one today.

The URL for Boraii is

http://www.boraii.com/store/p22/BORAII_Eagle_Pocket_Holster_for_RUGER_LCP.html

It's a clunky slow website so it takes a little patience.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
  12. gregdd

gregdd New Member

Holster

Allenr, After reading the advertisement and your advice I went ahead and ordered it.

Thanks for taking time to tell me about this.

Greg

13. allenr

allenr Member

Greg,

Your welcome. I am always glad to share what I know or learn.

14. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

^^^^ :shocked: :jawdrop: :eek: ^^^^

15. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

I was wondering if that was what naked carry was referring to. No to naked carry.........please go concealed.

16. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

^^^^^^^ What Buster said!

Tommy

17. richr

richr Member

Just to clarify. That is not me.

18. greg_r

greg_r Well-Known Member

Br right back. Gotta go get some eye bleach.

19. spikedriver

spikedriver Active Member

Rich, how did you get a pic of Rosie O'Donnel carrying a gun?