Nagant Revolver

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by phideaux, Apr 16, 2016.

1. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Well last night late, a guy posted a Russian Nagant Revolver 7.62X38mmR for sale local,

Been wanting one of these for years, never could find one in decent condition until now.

Its a model M1895 , 7 shot, unissued, like new. With original holster and lanyard. They are very unique guns, designed in 1895 , this one was Mfg in the famous Tula plant , in 1939.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nagant_M1895

I texted him an offer....he accepted,[​IMG]
    May have paid too much. $275 with 50 rnds ammo.

Better than any on Gunbroker that are beat to crap.

Sooooo I went to see it in real life, and brought it home .

Jim

Ill try to get pics and range report soon.

Spring is really busy here on the farm.

2. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

That is a one of a kind revolver with the cylinder moving forward to close the flash gap. Being 7 round is also very unique for that long ago. I really like the looks of it also. I want to hear how it shoots. I don't think you paid to much especially if in like new condition. I'll give you $350 for it. LOL I ain't holding my breath on that offer.

3. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Very interesting revolver. Congrats on finding one in good shape.

May be a challenge to reload. ;)

4. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

$275 don't sound so bad to me, especially with the ammo. That'll give you some brass to start reloading with. It has a very unique look, I like it!

Will be waiting for pictures and range report!

5. squirrelhunter

squirrelhunter Active Member Lifetime Supporter

6. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Good Score Jim...can't wait to see her !!

7. nickndfl

nickndfl Active Member

The guy must have needed quick cash. Good score. Always buy in the best condition. There are some Bulgarian Makarovs that are like new with two sets of grips accessories for cheap. If I wanted another caliber that's what I would buy.

8. phideaux

He did need cash, was looking a buying a Ruger .357,

So I grabbed it,
    Was mowing all day didn't get a chance ton shoot today....soon.

Jim

9. spikedriver

spikedriver Active Member

Jim you are the Obi Wan Kenobi of finding deals on guns. You need to open a gun deal academy. "Teach me thy wisdom, Master Jim." :D

10. phideaux

"May the force be with you ....grasshopper "

I think..

Hey I just watch the local classifieds daily, I have missed more than I have grabbed..:rolleyes:

I rarely buy any new ones , and only pristine used ones, or I pass.:cool:

Jim

11. gunslinger669

gunslinger669 Active Member

One of a very, very few revolvers you can use a suppressor on.

12. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

I've read that the Nagant's principal cartridge (7.62 x 38) is somewhat less than potent, even though the case is relatively roomy. That may be because it started out as a black powder round. and the gun was designed with that power in mind. It's one of life's little mind-twisters that the Tokarev 7.62 x 25 is a much snappier round.

I imagine that the .38 Special would look odd if it were described in metric measure, and then compared with the Tokarev round.

13. CajunBass

CajunBass New Member

$275? MAN! I remember when you couldn't swing a dead cat and not find them for $69.00 or so from Southern Ohio Guns and places like that. At least if you had a C&R you could. I think I paid $79.00 for mine. I got in on them late.

I have never felt a double action trigger like the Nagant has...or the one I had did anyway. Took two men, a boy and a small dog to pull the trigger. S/A wasn't too bad though. The grip which looks like a stick I found comfortable.

I kept mine for a year or so. Never did fire it. Sold it for $150.00.