my sr1911 commander got fired

Discussion in 'Ruger Center Fire Pistols' started by hoosierguy, May 25, 2017.

1. hoosierguy

hoosierguy New Member

after having it for a few weeks . went to nearby indoor range . most shooting was confined to 10-15 yds . was plenty accurate when i did my part . fed some hollow points and 230 gr. ball no problems.
    in field stripping for cleaning i was impressed with the fitting of the parts that make up this gun . everything came apart easily and re-assembly was standard & easy . the parts seemed to just snick right into place .
    i have got more expensive 1911 guns but none , i do believe , are made any better than this one ! just my honest opinion .
    how do your other sr 1911 owners feel ? ! :cool:

2. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Hoosier,

I have all 4 of the Ruger 1911 series and am tickled to death with them. I do change all my grips except for my 9mm, only because I can't find any Pachmayrs, which are on all the rest of my pistols. Also after I have shot 1K rounds I have a trigger job done on them to take them down to 4lbs. trigger pull. Not necessary but for me, I want them all to be the same. Glad you enjoyed your shoot and may you shoot many thousand more rounds!!!!

Tommy

3. paulruger

paulruger Active Member

My sr1911 that I purchased in 2012 now has over 7500 rounds through it without so much as a hiccup!

4. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Glad you are well impressed with your SR1911. It's hard not to like an 1911. Again for the price Ruger has a competitive winner.

5. warbird1

warbird1 New Member

I don't shoot it enough but it is one fine 1911. Very fond of my CMD.

6. EasyCZ

EasyCZ Member

At it's price point, it's hard to find a better deal on a US-made Colt clone. I've had my five-inch model since 2011 and it's been flawless. Would love to add a CMD version.

7. BigDogJames

BigDogJames BigDogJames

I shoot and enjoy my full size & my lightweight CMD ( gave my regular SR1911 CMD) to my Son for this past Christmas, and he enjoys his also. Next purchase, the 6720 lightweight Night Watchman CMD. Series 70, reliable, American made, best 1911 in it's price range. I have other brand 1911s, but the Rugers are my favorite...

Last edited: Jun 11, 2017
  8. ifithitu

ifithitu Well-Known Member

My SR 1911 is still a safe queen,yes I going to fire it at the range,when I get around to firing my 1911's .

Attached Files:

9. gumpy

gumpy New Member

Oh man! That's to purty to shoot, ifithitu. If you'll send it to me I'll hold it for you so you won't be tempted! Lol

10. ifithitu

ifithitu Well-Known Member

Laughing thanks, but no thank you.:)

11. commander

commander New Member

Bought a lightweight commander love it

12. Oldhand

Oldhand AKA Rawhidekid! Lifetime Supporter

This forum is dangerous, you guys are making me want one.;)