Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Jim if it isn't a family recipe secret what is your recipe for home made spaghetti sauce?
Yeah a family recipe...Mrs Wages, with a little added touch,

each batch , we add about 1/2 cup each of Bell peppers, Sweet Banana peppers and onion, all chopped then blended in blender with 6 lb of tomatoes, and the sugar.

Just follow the directions on back.

Then we hot water vat can it in pints.

We love it, and anybody that has had it loved it.
I think its the Sweet Banana peppers that give it a unique flavor.

sauce.jpg

sauce2.jpg

Jim

Attachments

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Some of our hard work...

canned.jpg

canned2.jpg

Jim

Attachments

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
I am going to try making some. I will use stevia leaves instead of the sugar. I buy the stevia leaves in a 5lb. bag that way I know I am really getting real stevia and not a lot of fake sugar powders. I also will use a coffee grinder to make powder out of the leaves. And guess what? The powder isn't white like the supposedly stevia powder they sell in the stores.

Thanks for the recipe heads up Jim. Sweet red bell pepper and sweet banana peppers and Italian spices added should make a good tasting sauce. I have been wanting a good sauce without all the sugar and preservatives for when I have spaghetti squash.

·
Premium Member
959 Posts
Makes me want to have a garden again. What do ya'll think the RV campground people would say if we tilled up the lot behind us? Lol

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Oregano sometimes referred to as the secret Italian ingredient.

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
We used our homemade Paul Newman's marinaro sauce. It has bullet holes in the top just like you showed in the top pics Jim.
No, I lied, it comes already packed in a nice sealed jar. Sorry, I got confused.........again!!!

Tommy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts