My Ruger Revolver Clan

Discussion in 'Ruger Revolver Forums' started by jstanfield103, Mar 22, 2015.

1. jstanfield103

jstanfield103 Member

I have been on a Buying Revolver spree lately.
    I use to be very big into Target shooting with 22LR but since the ammo has went south in the last 3 years and still doing so I got aggravated and sold most my 22's.
    I decided to buy a Re-loader and fix my ammo problems(some what) I bought a Dillon 550B (Love it)
    So after selling most my 22's and with in the last month have bought the following
    1. Ruger Blackhawk in .357 1985 model Blued

[​IMG]

2. Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 44 Magnum 2015 Blued

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Ruger Redhawk 2015 SS 44 Magnum

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Ruger GP100 SS 4" in 357 2015 model

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Ruger OM Single Six Standard 1972

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I bought all of these except the Single Six ( I just could not pass that one up ) because now I can reload for them and they all so go with all my Leverguns.

2. EasyCZ

EasyCZ Member

3. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

You went full bore, no pun intended, on a revolver buying spree. You have an awesome instant family now. Geeze, you got bit hard didn't you?

4. jstanfield103

jstanfield103 Member

Buster I have Seven lever guns. 2 in 22lr, 2 in 357 Mag and 1 in 44 Mag. I am so upset over the 22 ammo that I am really fed up with it. I had 9 22lr guns and now just 3. I bought my re-loader and decided I was going to be mostly a 357 and 44 Mag kind of a guy now so yes I did go on a buying spree to kind of match my Lever guns and pistols up for my re-loader more. One thing that you can say is I sure stimulate the economy in the gun world :)

5. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

I have to congratulate you on your purchases. I have a GP100 stainless that I have had over 20 years and haven't put 300 rounds through it yet. Saying that, I will never sell it. I bought a 4" and a " when I got them. A buddy of mine broke my butt about buying my 6" and I kept saying no until finally I said I would sell it to him if and when he went to sell it, I wanted first chance. Well the bastard (whom I knew for many years) up and died on me unexpectedly. One day I will see him again and kick him where it hurts. His sister took the gun and I never knew what she did with it. Congrats on the Square D Dillon. Once you get your stock of shell casings and bullets, you will see how fast you can re-load accurate and fun rounds. Just good luck on finding powder. Out here in Az you have a better chance of hitting the mother lode of Gold on Superstition Mountain than you do finding powder. I live 20 miles from Dillon and they give excellent service regardless of where you bought the loader being it used or new.
    Tommy

6. jstanfield103

jstanfield103 Member

Tommy thanks for the comments. 1st pound of powder was Unique that I bought over the internet and the shipping charge was outrageous. Then nest pound was H110 that I so happened to find in a Cabelas Luckily. They have not had any since so I am always looking. So far I have really enjoyed reloading but the cost to get set up was a little of a sticker shock. Dillon's reputation is what made my decision on the 550B

7. bikeride4fun

bikeride4fun NRA Benefactor Member

Congrats.....beautiful wheel guns....

8. DoubleR

DoubleR Active Member

Very nice group you've started!
    Reloading is awesome! Especially when you get set up and going.
    You can also customize loads for different guns to increase grouping etc.
    just remember to NEVER get to comfortable. Watch every round and check powder measures often. :)
    Have fun!

9. jstanfield103

jstanfield103 Member

DoubleR, thanks for the advice. That is something that you can never hear enough.

10. DoubleR

DoubleR Active Member

So true. It only take a min of not paying attention to have a problem. I've seen many a LONG time reloaded have a problem (that usually costs a gun/parts) just from a min of not paying attention.
    A good friend recently remembered why he wears safety goggles when testing loads. Saved his eyes and only cost him a little blood from his nose. The revolver didn't take it so well. Thankfully he was fine.
    Enjoy but be safe :)

11. jstanfield103

jstanfield103 Member

Plus that is another reason that all my handguns are Ruger's. Made like a tank but still keep the loads in speck

12. Oldtrader3

Oldtrader3 CDR3, Member NRA, Veteran

I had given my 3-screw .22 Mag to my oldest son about a year ago. I still had a couple of .22 LR handguns but no .22 Mag. So, last week I found a 3-screw (1971) Model Super Single Six for a really low price and bought it. It had some blue missing on the left side of the barrel from being stored improperly but I heated some cold blue and fixed that right up, just like new. Now I have a 6-1/2 inch, 3-screw, .22Mag that is in about 95% condition with a barrel that appears to be perfect.

13. SP357

SP357 New Member

I haven't fired any 22's in a year or so. I'm saving my ammo until the 22 mfg's get it together and/or the hoarders grow a conscience. My favorite revolver is my New Vaquero in .357 Mag. I have some low velocity loads that come within 125 fps of my .357 Mag lever rifle velocity. Good for plinking and for squirrels at 50 ft for the revolver and 50 yards for the rifle. I reloads .38 special, .357 Mag., and 9mm for less money than I would have to spend for the worst Remington 22's on the market right now. that's RIDICULOUS! I've got plenty of powder and components, so let 'em keep their 22's until they come down to earth on production and prices!

Attached Files:

14. trainman

trainman Member

This sounds like a lot of us. I just bought my fourth Vaquero. Two are .45lc and two are .38/357. I hardly ever shoot my .22s. Reloading has made shooting a lot of fun.
    I only have one 9mm but I can shoot it cheaper than .22, and ammo is always available at my local Walmarts.

15. jstanfield103

jstanfield103 Member

I use to have 9 22lr guns. Now I have 3. So agrivated with 22lr ammo situation that I started reloading 44 and 357 Mag. and bought a few of those guns with trade in of my 22's