Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
This is my pcc, midwest handguard, front support with a TLR light topped off with a Vortex red dot. And my new suppressor from A-Tec the smg model. View attachment 13128
Thats nice I like my Ruger PC9 Carbine Rifle I have taken several hogs and coyotes with mine , Last week I took my Friend Ken with me on his first Wild Boar Hunt ,I let him use my Ruger PC 9 Carbine to take take his first Wild Boar with it .I had it loaded with 147 grain Cast Lead Flat Points at 1,100 FPS out of my 4.5" Springfield XDM 9MM so it was a tad faster out of the carbine rifle the Boar was about 60 -75 Yards away the wind was blowing into to our face bad for him Ken never fired the rifle before and said he had not fired a rifle in years other than his .22 caliber Air Rifle .Below is a photo of Ken with my Ruger PC 9 Carbine and his 150 -175 pound South Carolina Wild Boar .

·
Registered
135 Posts
As I mentioned in another thread I anxiously await a RUGER PC Charger in 5.7 x 28 as a "companion" to the extremely popular RUGER 57 pistol.
I already have an FN PS90 carbine/sub gun so I won't be getting a PC Charger in the 5.7 x 28 cartridge.

But I also bought the RUGER 57, had the slide black Cerakoted and added a HOLOSUN 509T circle/dot enclosed sight, 3rd magazine, Cordura double mag pouch from The Vest Guy and a RUGER Comp Tac OWB Kydex holster.
This pistol is a laser. Hits to 150 yards on steel torso targets are relatively easy with that sight.
With the RUGER 57 pistol and my PS90 sub gun ZOMBIES BEWARE!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Ruger makes a PCC in 40 caliber too.
I bet the 40 cal with 180 grain bullets would do even better on wild hogs?

·
Registered
430 Posts
Ruger makes a PCC in 40 caliber too.
I bet the 40 cal with 180 grain bullets would do even better on wild hogs?
I own and operate a Feral Hog & Coyote Eradication service and we take out Hogs & Coyotes where high powered calibers can not be used because of close proximity to Dwellings , Animals ,Equipment Ect. so I have used small calibers to get the job done with out a problem . I prefer pistol caliber carbines but have extensively used the .22LR Rimfire , I prefer the 40 Grain copper plated hollow point at 1435 fps they Hit Hard Penetrate deep they are made in 3 offerings , CCI , Browning , Winchester all 3 offerings shoot into one hole groups at 50 to 75 yards .
I kill Feral Hogs with .22 LR 40 grain hollow points at 50 & 75 yards and took a few at 90 & 100 yards with head shots. But yes the 180 grain .40 S&W would do well with the same results . DEAD PIG .It's all about shot placement and the distance to the target. Next I am going to try my Benjamin Bull Dog .357 caliber AIR RIFLE with 160 grain Pellets at 90 yards .That set up at night with my SightMark Wraith digital Day / Night Vison scope should be the perfect Feral HOG assignation tool . Silent & Deadly the noise is not loud no recoil the Hogs will come back to the bait pile like they do with the .22LR & the Crossbow . It's all about Shot placement & Range Distance to the Hog not Caliber and bullet weight . Pig Man Brian Quacka aka " PIGMAN " has killed Hog's with a .177 caliber Gamo pellet gun .

Reactions: mrmike7189
1 - 10 of 10 Posts