Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today my shooting sucked big time!!! I was off balanced and timing was terrible. I had a hard time focusing and squeezing off rounds the way I know how. I guess you can call it a bad day. I wonder if Buster will let me use his spray cans.........on second thought, he ain't got enough spray cans.

Tommy

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Tommy,

I have days like that sometimes....it's weird, how that happens..

But I know it pretty quickly,
Pack my stuff and got o the house....no sense wasting ammo..usually , just got something heavy on my mind.;):)

Jim

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Sure we can 'call it a bad day'. Even I have a occasional bad day, and my standards are very loose.

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
VT (Bob),
Thank you for that wonderful thought. I guess that's what I have to do is loosen my standards.........:cryinglaugh:
If anything, you have brightened my day!!!

Thanks buddy for all the insight!!

Tommy

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
I figure if my shooting I am hitting center mass area then that is good. But like VT said my standards for good shooting are much lower than some people have. I count on the been shot and flee scenario taking place with several shots if that doesn't take them down. I am more out to end an attack not kill someone anyway.

·
AKA Rawhidekid!
1,868 Posts
It's ok Tommy, we old men sometimes need some Geritol. Try cleaning your bifocals, works for me.:D

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Tommy did you have your eyes open when you pulled the trigger? I find I shoot better if I keep them open. Yank

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Tommy,
Pack my stuff and got o the house....no sense wasting ammo..usually , just got something heavy on my mind.;):)

Jim
Always , always have a good bowel movement before leaving for the range.;)

I find that it's a big relief .:duck:

Jim:waving:

·
Registered
992 Posts
I can't even pull your leg about this. Ya don't have to be so old to have a crappy range day. And it's infuriating when you have the same gun, same ammo, and your group size doubles. That's why I mostly focus on hitting a point on the target instead of a group. I never shot a group at an animal anyway.

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think I am going to try some Geritol and next time wear my reading glasses. I thought I had a bowel movement when I was shooting cuz I was really shooting shi**y. I came home with about 40 rounds cuz after awhile I finally realized that today was not the day. I thought I had my eyes open Buster, but after reeling in the target, and seeing where I hit, I must have been crossed eyed. I don't want to kill a BG but get close enough to scare him anyway. I couldn't do that.

It's like Spike said: How can you take the same guns, same ammo and the shot group is way out? I have no idea!
Hopefully next week will be a better weak. At least this time I saved some ammo and it's too hot to reload now anyway.

Tommy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts