My range report

Discussion in 'Range Reports' started by Tommycourt, Aug 27, 2017.

1. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Today my shooting sucked big time!!! I was off balanced and timing was terrible. I had a hard time focusing and squeezing off rounds the way I know how. I guess you can call it a bad day. I wonder if Buster will let me use his spray cans.........on second thought, he ain't got enough spray cans.

Tommy

2. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Tommy,

I have days like that sometimes....it's weird, how that happens..

But I know it pretty quickly,
    Pack my stuff and got o the house....no sense wasting ammo..usually , just got something heavy on my mind.;):)

Jim

3. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Sure we can 'call it a bad day'. Even I have a occasional bad day, and my standards are very loose.

4. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

VT (Bob),
    Thank you for that wonderful thought. I guess that's what I have to do is loosen my standards.........:cryinglaugh:
    If anything, you have brightened my day!!!

Thanks buddy for all the insight!!

Tommy

5. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

I figure if my shooting I am hitting center mass area then that is good. But like VT said my standards for good shooting are much lower than some people have. I count on the been shot and flee scenario taking place with several shots if that doesn't take them down. I am more out to end an attack not kill someone anyway.

6. Oldhand

Oldhand AKA Rawhidekid! Lifetime Supporter

It's ok Tommy, we old men sometimes need some Geritol. Try cleaning your bifocals, works for me.:D

7. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Tommy did you have your eyes open when you pulled the trigger? I find I shoot better if I keep them open. Yank

8. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Always , always have a good bowel movement before leaving for the range.;)

I find that it's a big relief .:duck:

Jim:waving:

9. spikedriver

spikedriver Active Member

I can't even pull your leg about this. Ya don't have to be so old to have a crappy range day. And it's infuriating when you have the same gun, same ammo, and your group size doubles. That's why I mostly focus on hitting a point on the target instead of a group. I never shot a group at an animal anyway.

10. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

I think I am going to try some Geritol and next time wear my reading glasses. I thought I had a bowel movement when I was shooting cuz I was really shooting shi**y. I came home with about 40 rounds cuz after awhile I finally realized that today was not the day. I thought I had my eyes open Buster, but after reeling in the target, and seeing where I hit, I must have been crossed eyed. I don't want to kill a BG but get close enough to scare him anyway. I couldn't do that.

It's like Spike said: How can you take the same guns, same ammo and the shot group is way out? I have no idea!
    Hopefully next week will be a better weak. At least this time I saved some ammo and it's too hot to reload now anyway.

Tommy