My range day report

Discussion in 'Ruger Center Fire Pistols' started by Tommycourt, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Yesterday was range day so I made my weekly visit. Ruger had made some alterations to my Commander so I was anxious to see how it would work. After I re-zeroed my pistol I moved the target out to the 50' range and fired 100 rounds. Our 10 target measures 4" x 6" respectively so I gave it a try. Our range lighting is not the best but I tried my best. Out of the 100 rounds I had 94 in the 10 ring and 6 rounds in the 9 ring. The farthest out of the 10 measured 1" which is good for me. I tried firing faster than normal, shoot 5 rounds and then change mags and fire 5 more. I was a little disappointed however as Paul Hornig used to say: practice, practice, and more practice which I intend to do. Sure not bragging as there is no reason to how ever I have seen my skills progress along. Being past my mid 60's, I think I can still get inside that 10 ring, of course with a lot more practice. I can say this with all honesty, God forbid the day I would have to use this for self defense!!!
    Tommy

2. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Glad to hear you hade a positive day with your commander at the range. That's dang good shooting IMO.

3. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Buster,
    I graciously accept your warm compliment. I think that yesterday was just a day I one of my good days. I still have to work on my posture as my back is mess and couldn't run if I had to. I would like to sometime try silhouette shooting however the run and dodge part would be something I can't do. Never the less, it's not as if I would win anything, which I don't care if I did. It's just a challenge to better yourself and not worry about others. Kind of like when I was golfing and bowling. When both my scores came up to be the same, I decided that I had better find something more suitable for me. I do enjoy shooting. When I am at the range, my only thoughts are on the range. Anything that has given me pause through the day, I forget about it and concentrate on shooting. Regardless, I have always said that there is always someone better and regardless of the weapon you use, it's about how you pull the trigger. Ruger makes a fine pistol and I don't think I could do any better with a Wilson Combat or a Baer or Nighthawk or any other high dollar pistol. Again, I thank you profusely for your kind thoughts.
    Tommy