My P95

Discussion in 'Ruger Photos' started by JimThornTX, Apr 7, 2013.

1. JimThornTX

JimThornTX New Member

Bought new in 2008. :cool:

[​IMG]

2. bikeride4fun

bikeride4fun NRA Benefactor Member

Great looking gun.....I use to have one.....it was an awesome gun. Should have kept it.....got gun trading fever.....

3. yooper

yooper New Member

same here.I dont have a reason as to why I traded mine.It was one of my most accurate guns.I gotta say as far as concealment goes,your better off trying to hide a brick.
    Good gun though...

4. stopher912007

stopher912007 New Member

I am new to the gun buying/gun owning thing but I have done some research through my local gun shop and yesterday I put out money on one of these. Is my money being well spent or should I have looked for anything else? I had a limited budget and I wanted a gun that was user friendly to a novice shooter. Thought?

Sent from my iPhone using Ruger Forum

5. JimThornTX

JimThornTX New Member

Hello Stopher. Welcome to the forum. I think the P95 is a good beginner's handgun, especially for the price. Usually $350 or less for the all black (blued?) model like mine. My wife and I both enjoy shooting mine. They are very reliable and very well built.

6. stopher912007

stopher912007 New Member

Yea it is very affordable and the guys at the gun shop I am buying it from have done nothing but speak highly of it. I am paying 369 before tax. I am a huge fan of the 1911 series ruger but that was a little rich for my blood at the moment. Lol. As long as my fiancé doesn't kill me for wanting another handgun, ill be picking that up in a ear or two. Baby steps lol. Thanks for the welcome btw.

7. yooper

yooper New Member

I agree with what Jim said stopher. The p series have been around for a long time.Actually,they were issued to several tanks units in the Army I believe. They are a tank of a gun themselves,but i couldntve asked for a better first gun. Ive since sold my p95 to my good buddy and he loves it as well. I can honestly say,not once had I nor my buddy,have ever had any issues with it. Accurate,sturdy,easy to field strip are some of the things that come to mind. Congrats on a great first gun,and welcome!:)

8. stopher912007

stopher912007 New Member

Thank you. I have been reading a lot about this handgun and I am nothing but pleased. I just cannot wait until I can put rounds through it.

9. shaner

shaner Active Member

ya did good man!!!! great guns for sure

10. weblance

weblance New Member

Money well spent. Here are my two. 2010, and 2011.

[​IMG]

11. chenzo

chenzo New Member

Wow.... Mine looks like crap compared to all of those lol. Bluing is coming off, scratches, etc etc. But, I carry mine everyday, so it gets a lot of holster time, and a lot of in and out from drawing/practicing.

However, and I will never be able to speak highly enough of this, it still shoots like a dream. I love it.

12. rjmurrayjr

rjmurrayjr New Member

My p95 shoots like a dream as well. Very happy with it (2013 edition)

13. BAMF80

BAMF80 New Member

Mines not in the best shape either but still shoots great. I know I can always rely on it if needed.

14. Jschmatt

Jschmatt Member

Awesome bang for the buck gun. Loved mine. Traded for the 9E which, for me, is easier to carry.