Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, I bought it! Blackhawk,.357 mag 6.5" from buds. $493 OTD. I pick it up in two weeks, can't wait to shoot it! I'll post a range report once I do.....I'll post some more pictures once I receive the revolver.
Here it is:
ImageUploadedByRuger Forum1456982986.572981.jpg
This will be the first SA revolver for me.....

Attachments

·
Patriot
2,160 Posts
You're gonna like it. :D
If you want wood grips you can find em on eBay.
Shop Ruger.com also has them and the last time I checked they were in stock.

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
I'm thinking you will love the gun, SG. I've owned a stainless .357 BH for over 30 years. There is at least one two-handed grip (must be more) that let you cock the hammer and stay approximately on target.

Maybe Magnum will post something on that.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Can't wait to shoot it. It's funny, you can save for months and months and then when you buy it and you have to wait for it to ship, those 5-10 days are always the most difficult to wait though!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Sweet , you going to love it.
I got mine in 1972. Blued with a 6.5" barrel just like yours . It caused me to get into reloading and bullet casting, couldn't buy enough factory ammo on my high school boy's income. We're going to the range soon. 40+ years of fun !
Enjoy !
Gary

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Sweet , you going to love it.
I got mine in 1972. Blued with a 6.5" barrel just like yours . It caused me to get into reloading and bullet casting, couldn't buy enough factory ammo on my high school boy's income. We're going to the range soon. 40+ years of fun !
Enjoy !
Gary
Funny thing with some guns, ain't it? 'We're going to the range, my Blackhawk and I.'

Sometime next month we're going to the range, my Blackhawks and I, and maybe the 77/357 if it asks nice. Maybe bring a bag lunch and a thermos of coffee, and make it a 10 to 2 day there.

Oh my.

March is the cruelest month, in the north country.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Have you guys ever hunted anything with em?

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Ernie how do you get that ammo belt to feed through the gun?

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
*Update*
Allright, I was notified that my Blackhawk has arrived at my FFL dealer. I will go and do the paper work on Tuesday. Then, because a new law was passed, I have to wait TEN days before I can pick it up.
Can't wait to get it!

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Okay, went in and did the paper work, all good, I can pick it up in a couple weeks. This thing is a tank! Pictures don't do this thing justice. Took a few crappy cellphone pics included.
ImageUploadedByRuger Forum1458068540.744456.jpg
ImageUploadedByRuger Forum1458068552.461524.jpg

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
I don't know why Ruger doesn't put a white outline rear sight on those guns - standard.

·
AKA Rawhidekid!
1,868 Posts
Ruger has the outline cut into the sight already. All you have to do is put whiteout over it then take a toothpick and scratch it off everywhere you do not want the white.:Cooltu:

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Yeah. I did that. Why did I need to? Do most folk prefer an all black rear sight to match the black front sight? It ain't like the rear sight is a groove in the top strap y'know That's what the Vaquero is for, eh?

I think Ruger is slipping down into the general run, now that Ol' Bill ain't around to remind them.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts