Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received a package in the mail from my little brother and I opened it up. It was supposed to be a X-mas gift but I couldn't stand it and opened it anyway. It is a "LaserLyte" gun with the 3" target. Works on AAA batteries and man is it fun to fire! I set it up at 20 feet (length of my garage) and shot at the target. I haven't put the batteries in the box yet but it's supposed to make a noise when you hit the bullseye. Also it gives you different colors on when to shoot and is timed. It also has a " counter on hits". It is a replica of a Glock pistol so now I need a cheap plastic holster to practice on my draw. I am going to wear it under my jacket and act as if there were a BG out there. So far @20 I hit the bullseye all the time but I am going to put it on the garage wall and shoot from my patio which is about 35-40 feet. Man, it is fun! My regular range will be closed the next 2 Sundays so I can still practice. Called my little brother and he called me a "dumb azz" cuz I wasn't suppose to open it yet. Oh well, Santie Claus was good to me!!!

Tommy

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
I'm jealous Tommy! I've wanted to try one of those for awhile now.....

Have fun with it!

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Savage,

I just got done firing it for about 20 minutes. The trigger is like a Glock but the timer on the box is really fast. You shoot when you have 2 of the 4 colors up. Green and Blue. Red and Yellow, if you fire then, it takes points away. Those colors are only there for about 1-2 seconds and then they change. If I had a holster, I would never get it out in time to shoot. So what I have been doing is sticking inside my jacket pocket and I am still slow. And the colors rotate so you can't figure out which color will come up next. It's a kick to play with!

Tommy

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Congrats on the new toy....enjoy.

Jim

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Tommy you should have that taken away from you till xmas day. You not only shook the box you tore it open. You are a bad bad boy.
I bet you are having fun with it.

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jim,

That is the one my little brother got for me. Takes 3 AAA batteries and they are included. Also has a 3 yr. warranty!

Tommy

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
I checked prices and Midway has by far the best pricing. Merry xmas to me but it will not arrive in Santa's sleigh.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts