My new stainless steel pistol

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by RL Johnson, Feb 21, 2019.

1. RL Johnson

RL Johnson Active Member

I have been looking for a solid stainless steel gun, no polymers please, and I finally found one of the two on my short list. Came across the CZ 75 B in polished stainless steel. My budget got busted up pretty good but I knew I would regret it if I did not purchase it while I had the chance. Shoots better than my old eyes can see and it very fun to shoot, may have to retire the Walther for awhile. What do you think?

Attached Files:

rugertoter and Pancho_Villa like this.
  2. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

The CZ 75b is a very good gun. They are very accurate and well made. I don't believe the newer guns are as reliable as the older ones though.
    I can't see the pic for some reason.

I had an old one in very good condition but when I sold off many of my semi autos it was sold off. I am not a big fan of semi autos anymore since going to revolvers.

3. paulruger

paulruger Active Member

Certainly is shiny!

4. RL Johnson

RL Johnson Active Member

I call it my “pimp gun”. I wanted stainless and the polished was the first that I could find after looking for a long time. I preferred the matte finish but beggars can’t be choosy. I wised Ruger had something in a semiautomatic that wasn’t all black. At least my SR9 has a stainless slide.
    As for revolvers I like the looks but most are too powerful for my old hands. And for some reason I am always having to reload too soon. ☹️

paulruger likes this.
  5. nickndfl

nickndfl Active Member

The CZ-75 is the next evolution of the Browning Hi-Power. There are many clones available too. You need to watch it with the clones because some have design flaws and despite their low price are not as good of value as the real thing. Man that thing is shiny.

6. greg_r

greg_r Well-Known Member

Pimp gun fits, although I would call it a BBQ gun. I prefer an all steel gun also and am thinking a CZ75 needs to go on the list. I like the matte finish as well.

The SR1911 and the MK pistols are available in stainless. The SR22, and LC9 are available with stainless slides, one of the stainless LC9 models is even engraved. The LCPII, Ruger American and Security 9mare available with cerracote finish. The FDE and Coyote finishes are growing on me.

7. RL Johnson

RL Johnson Active Member

I have the SR1911 in stainless but 30 rounds at the range is about all I can take. I also have the SR22 with a stainless slide. I may have to look at the stainless hunter Mark IV again. It just not threaded for a suppressor like the 22/45 that I have. Oh well I hear James Bond calling me again and it now made in the states by Walther. Now that I live in an open carry state, the smaller gun do not interest me as printing is not an issue any more. So many choices and not enough money to go around.

8. greg_r

greg_r Well-Known Member

The stainless MKIV Target is available threaded.

9. RL Johnson

RL Johnson Active Member

Now I have to put the model 40126 on my short list. The money available list is even shorter. Thanks a lot Greg.

10. greg_r

greg_r Well-Known Member

Just trying to be helpful sir!

11. Oldhand

Oldhand AKA Rawhidekid! Lifetime Supporter

I love my CZ75B, the only change I made was the sights. Installed the TFX tritium/fiber optics.

12. RL Johnson

RL Johnson Active Member

I was thinking about adding night sights and maybe some some G10 grips. I haven’t worn the new off yet, so I will wait and see what I may want to change.

13. C. D. Bates

C. D. Bates Member

Love this, but will probably trade it soon.
    with 3 speedloaders, 20 rounds is fast. Even with reloads.
    20181014_125416.jpg

14. Pancho_Villa

Pancho_Villa Well-Known Member

Congrats on the new CZ pistola compadre.

Hey greg,

There has been a guy coming by the lzst 3 gunhows wanting a 3" SP101. He said the few he found at the show were in the 6-7 bill range, and used. He's like me. Only wants to pay half that. I want the short one.

Guess I will have to live with my old Speed Six and LCR till I find a cheap 101.

15. rugertoter

rugertoter Active Member

Wow! It certainly "blings"! Nice CZ. ;)

16. RL Johnson

RL Johnson Active Member

IMG_1093.jpg
    My latest changes to my CZ. New grips and grip screws. Now it is a real barbecue gun

Carl Crosby and rugertoter like this.
  17. rugertoter

rugertoter Active Member

The white panels are a nice contrast with the steel.

18. RL Johnson

RL Johnson Active Member

Yes they are but I am thinking I liked the black better. I may go and buy some black G10 grips. I just do not like the feel of rubber grips.

19. C. D. Bates

C. D. Bates Member

Would trade this one for a Winchester 94 .30-30