Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked it up an hour ago! I have already field stripped it for a good cleaning and lube.
Loaded some snap caps and did some dry fire. What a sweet trigger!

Shadow2.jpg

Now for the bad part. I start a month long show this week and don't know when I am going to get to put some live rounds down range. :-(

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That blows! Nothing worse than having a new toy and not having time to enjoy it.
Agreed, but I am bringing it with me.
Maybe I will get lucky and have some downtime at this show. There is a range not far from the show grounds too.

·
Premium Member
1,482 Posts
That is very nice.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have had some down time while working in Houston, so I did get to take my new CZ to the range a couple of times.

I have to say that this is the best handgun I have ever owned.
Great trigger and nice groups that I expect to get much better as I become more in tune with my new gun.
IMG_0957.JPG
The Shadow 2 is on the heavy side, but it feels good in my hand and balances well. I had my doubts about the aluminum grips, but am kind of liking them now that I have had the chance to put the gun through its paces.
The trigger is really smooth and light with a 2lb 7oz SA pull. It has a clean break and an acceptable reset.
DA is kind of heavy at a little over 9lbs at first, but after the first 700 rounds has lightened up to 7 lbs

The fiber optic sights are great. Very easy to acquire the target and seems to illuminate well in marginal lighting.

So far this CZ has proven to be quite reliable too. Not a single issue.
Every round except for one has fed, fired, and ejected flawlessly.
I did have one FTF, but it had a cleanly dimpled primer and just did not fire. It was just a dud.

I will be taking it out again on Sunday

1 - 10 of 10 Posts