Ruger Talk Forums banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
So, how do .22 rimfire rounds print to the grooved read rear and fixed front sight? Any Kentucky windage needed?
At around 35 feet, windage is no issue for me, and if I have just a tad of the front sight above the rear, I am pretty much on for elevation...that is with HV ammo. I have not ran any standard velocity through it yet.

·
Registered
430 Posts
At around 35 feet, windage is no issue for me, and if I have just a tad of the front sight above the rear, I am pretty much on for elevation...that is with HV ammo. I have not ran any standard velocity through it yet.
I have had about the same results as you. I shot some standard velocity and it printed about the same. I shot a coyote with it. It was loaded with the CCI Velocitor 40 grain copper-plated HP as he was 10 yards from my ladder stand he dropped after about two spins.
59.jpg

Reactions: rugertoter

·
Banned
405 Posts
Thanks for your response. It's always good to read an "honest" review from those who own these revolvers. I'll bet it would be fun using #12 Federal shot loads in one of those while riding around on our "empire" cutting grass and shooting chipmunks, and or snakes.
Must be a popular revolver right now as the distributor I deal with is OOS, and they are in Arizona, a bus ride away from Ruger.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I recommend the CCI 40 Grain Velocitor ammo I found it to hit hard penetrate deep and its accurate out of my Ruger Wrangler Revolver !

Reactions: Insider

·
Registered
13 Posts
I recommend the CCI 40 Grain Velocitor ammo I found it to hit hard penetrate deep and its accurate out of my Ruger Wrangler Revolver !
I bet that makes a nice big bang! I've been using the CCI Quiet 22's they are loud, but they won't make your ears ring.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts