My New Ruger Wrangler

Discussion in 'Ruger Rimfire Forums' started by ifithitu, Feb 18, 2020.

1. ifithitu

ifithitu Well-Known Member

I made this add a few days ago to go with the bronze one I have.
    85098852_2746620338750024_6159472303533981696_n.jpg

2. robmkivseries70

robmkivseries70 New Member

Looks good from here, I have the black one which I've only had a chance to shootonce.
    Best,
    Rob

ifithitu likes this.

3. C. D. Bates

C. D. Bates Member

I had 2 Heritage. Hated them. Finally sold them.
    Was looking at the Wranglers, but never pulled the trigger.

Came across a '69 Old Model Blackhawk with both cylinders. Couldn't resist.

The blueing is worn. The wood is a bit rough. But the cyl is tight, lock up is good and the trigger is light and crisp.

4. RL Johnson

RL Johnson Active Member

I do not own a Wrangler but I came across a YouTube video about a warning on dry fry. Check out Baz on Blades. It seem that Ruger says it is okay to dry fire but his Wrangler got where he could not load any ammo into the cylinders.
    I personally do not dry fire any revolver but this could be an issue with your Wrangler. Watch the video and be careful.

5. robmkivseries70

robmkivseries70 New Member

This happened with my SP-101, it began as little tiny marks on the rim of the chambers. I was able to fix it with a bit of fine emery paper. I recommend #6 wall anchors, the yellow ones, the plastic rim is just right. Just be careful not to wear it out.
    Best,
    Rob

6. Litehiker

Litehiker Member

Hmmm, Have dry fired the 1980 Single Six I just bought. I'll have to check the cylinder and hammer spur.

7. Fireman22

Fireman22 Active Member

Thanks for the video suggestion. I located it and thought I'd add a link (in your quote above) for others who may be interested. The comments below the video are also worth reading if you've got the time.

8. jennflip

jennflip New Member

9. jennflip

jennflip New Member

Use the proper size rubber grommet between hammer and pistol and should work great--they are great for 1911 and CZ style pistols!!!!!

10. Litehiker

Litehiker Member

I recently bought a used 1980 production year RUGER Single Six with .22 LR and .22 WMR cylinders. It was in very good condition with the blueing worn off in some areas from holster wear. Gives it character IMO. The .22 WMR cylinder had never been used which was good B/C that's why I bought it, to go with my RUGER 96/.22 WMR lever action rifle as a "companion pistol".

So, I post now to say that the quality of my Single Six shows why I paid $320. for an old revolver. The quality is top notch in every aspect. Ex. The very clean and crisp trigger pull is only 1 lb. 10 oz.!! WOW! (measured on my digital Wheeler pull gauge)
    *I realize the quality of materials in Wranglers and some other newer inexpensive RUGER revolvers is lower as is their price, even than what I paid for a used Single Six, and made for those on a budget. So the old saying "You get what you pay for." (if you're lucky) is true. I do think Wranglers are still a good buy for the money because they are reliable.

Eric B.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2020
  11. I had my eye on this since it hit the market, I was in the Gun Store today and I noticed three in the display case on was Black finish one was Silver finish and one Burnt Bronze finish, The Burnt bronze caught my eye and I decided to make a purchase it was $195.00 out the door with my Military Veterans discount. I went to my step son's Body shop went out back and shot a tin can six times. That can jump and spun each time I hit it the accuracy is very good. I am very impressed with the purchase . The firing pin puts a good dent in the rim no lite strike with this pistol. I went home and did a short YouTube Review I will post it when its done uploading.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2020
  12. RL Johnson

RL Johnson Active Member

Congratulations on your new Wrangler. Be aware that Blaz on Blades reported problems with dry firing this revolver. You may want to review his video on YouTube. Not saying you will have a problem but I never dry fire any revolver.
    Enjoy and good shooting.

BLACK RIFLE REVIEWS and quirky like this.
  13. quirky

quirky Active Member

Same here and I will not even dry fire a semi-automatic.

BLACK RIFLE REVIEWS likes this.
  14. I use dry fire snap caps or spent 22 cases.

15. RMeiner

RMeiner New Member

I have black version and shot about 700 rounds through it. Great for plinking, range or varmints.

16. well worth the $199.00 spent on it .

17. Nice I like that !

18. rugertoter

rugertoter Active Member

Nice to have two of them OP! I just have one. Here it is.
    [​IMG]
    I love to shoot this revolver!

19. I have the same Wrangler as you I like the burnt bronze color I sent off my 10 / 22 to be done if I like it I will do my Henry .22 Lever Action to match it.

rugertoter likes this.