My new 357 Match Champion and friend...

Discussion in 'Ruger Revolver Forums' started by bikeride4fun, Feb 7, 2014.

1. bikeride4fun

bikeride4fun NRA Benefactor Member

I am so excited....just picked up my new GP100 357 Match Champion and his friend a SP101 22lr....These wheel guns feel great and look awesome. I cant wait to get to the range and shoot these beauties. :spot:

Attached Files:

2. Mazz

Mazz New Member

They look purdy.:)

3. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Very nice.
    Those are gorgeous, makes me jealous.

Sure would like to see a range report when you get a chance.

CONGRATS..

Jim

4. bikeride4fun

Thanks guys.....range report coming soon.....

5. Blaze

Blaze New Member Lifetime Supporter

Congrats biker. You got me jonesing for the MC really really bad. You will love the .22 that is one fine heavy little shooter.

Now be on look out for the .357 to match the .22 lol

6. bonefamily

bonefamily New Member

Those both look great - congrats!!

7. bikeride4fun

Thanks everybody.....I have been doing a little dry firing with the MC....the trigger is so nice......I am going crazy to shoot this gun... lol

8. Birddogyz

Birddogyz In the army now..

Congrats! Very nice collection.

9. Redleg

Redleg New Member

Super nice handguns that you have there, OP. I am sure that you are going to get great results with them.

I have an older GP100, the GP340 model, that is eerily similar to the Match Champion:

[​IMG]

Of course, the Match Champion is more refined, what with that wonderful sight system. The GP340 is more of a cop's carry gun configuration, what with the indestructible tunnel sight system.

Let us know how that neat Match Champion works for you. If those show up in California I am probably going to snap one up. Love my GP100s!
    (my other one)
    [​IMG]

10. bikeride4fun

Thanks.....good looking wheel guns Redleg.......This is my first GP100...becoming a big fan....

11. bikeride4fun

I posted a few pics of my new grip on another post..... I changed the grip for a better fit. Loved the look of the wooden grip, just didn't fit my hand that well......

Attached Files:

12. weblance

weblance New Member

Nice revolvers. They will serve you for your lifetime. I love my SP101-22 8shot. I also have a 4" stainless GP100. I want a 3" GP100 or a stainless Service,Speed, or Security Six snub next.

13. bikeride4fun

Thanks weblance.....I am hoping to get to shoot them this week, cant wait...

14. steadyshot

steadyshot New Member

15. bikeride4fun

16. bikeride4fun

I took the Match Champion to an indoor range we have in our area. Its not the state of the art indoor range, but it works. The Match Champion is spot on, the gun is so smooth and so accurate...I love it. I forgot to take a few pics of the targets...sorry. And I am very pleased with the Hogue grip...fits me perfect. I would so recommend this wheel gun to anybody that loves revolvers.....:D